X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grits1973
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by BC79er
    It goes by blocks, so if you don't have the entire section complete it doesn't save anything, which is unlike the old portal. It is nicer in that you can skip sections which wasn't possible last year, but any blanks means that section won't save. So if you have everything but the 2019 run counts you have to put at least 0's in otherwise that section won't save.
    I feel stupid even asking this, but where are you seeing the link in GO to even start an application? I have a personal active GO account, and I am linked to half a dozen clients as a team member and they show up on my screen. But, I don't see anything different now that the application period is open, and I don't see any way to view or start an application. Am I missing something simple or do I need to go back to the GO tech team? I already had to have Go tech fix some other bugs in my account. Thanks!

Comment

• BC79er
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2002

When you login, click on the grants tab, then the new page has the dropdown list of everyone you're tied to. Pick a department and then on the righthand side of the table there's a dropdown with Start Application in it. Until it's submitted that changes to Continue Application. That's where you go evey time to work on applications.

They moved our cheese and once the bugs are out it's there are some points of progress, like no need to save and continue because every completed section gets saved automatically as you're working since it's essentially a 1-page application with different blocks in it. That's also why it runs slower, it's saving things on the fly.
      Brian P. Vickers
      CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
      FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
      www.helpmewithgrants.com
      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• grits1973
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by BC79er
        When you login, click on the grants tab, then the new page has the dropdown list of everyone you're tied to. Pick a department and then on the righthand side of the table there's a dropdown with Start Application in it. Until it's submitted that changes to Continue Application. That's where you go evey time to work on applications.

They moved our cheese and once the bugs are out it's there are some points of progress, like no need to save and continue because every completed section gets saved automatically as you're working since it's essentially a 1-page application with different blocks in it. That's also why it runs slower, it's saving things on the fly.
        Thanks Brian! It was my browser! After reading your response, I decided to switch browsers and see if I saw the same screen - presto, now it all shows up! My Firefox must be old - it works for everything else so I never thought of that. Hoping it all runs smooth from here!

Comment

• BC79er
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2002

Yeah they say only Explorer is truly supported but haven't had any issues with Chrome, other than them putting in and taking out text boxes, changing things that cause fleet information to disappear. Such is what happens with works in progress...
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Wbensm
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2007

Is there anything specific FEMA is looking for this year that has a higher chance of being awarded? I.E PPE, apparatus, communication equipment etc?

Comment

• FF2510
              MembersZone Subscriber
              • Feb 2006

Does anybody have any tips on how to get the application to run smoother, by which I mean not drag down your processor to the point of no return? I have tried working my apps on several computers including my brand new one at work and am being bogged down by the amount of time it takes for things to update and populate. I’m getting nowhere fast and still have three apps to start yet

Comment

• LVFD301
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Wbensm
                Is there anything specific FEMA is looking for this year that has a higher chance of being awarded? I.E PPE, apparatus, communication equipment etc?
                Training. Training. More training. Things to enable you to bring training to your department.

Comment

• Skojo
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2010

Morning all. Notification of funding/denial timeframe question for everyone. We submitted our 2018 grant Oct-2018, the anticipated award date was Jun-2019, we got notified Oct-2019. We submitted our 2017 grant Feb-2018, the anticipated award date was Apr-2018, we got notified Apr-2018. We submitted our 2016 grant Nov-2016, the anticipated award date was Mar-2017, we got notified Oct-2017.
                  ~
                  This years grant deadline is next week and the NOFO says the anticipated award date is Apr-2020. Looking at past grants, is this a realistic timeframe? Thoughts? What affects the award date? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• SLY4420
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2004

Anticipated award dates are only the goals set by FEMA as to when they expect awards to commence, following the panel and technical review processes. You will be notified sometime prior to October 1, 2020 -- that's the only guaranteed time frame.

Comment

• EMT6126
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2011

Peer starts at the end of the month. As Sly stated, only guarantee is before Oct 1. They are shooting for mid-Year 2020 to begin awards but as all things can change, this probably will as well.
                      If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...