Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fema go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
    Log into your SAM account, go to Entity Registrations on left column, choose existing. Click on your entity and scroll down to choose "view". Next go to "POCs" on the left column. That screen should take you to all your Points of Contact; the second one is the Electronic Business POC (eBiz contact). That email is the only one that will allow you to setup your initial go account.
    Thanks! Got it and all good! Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
      Just spoke to a gentleman (GPD AFG Program/Financial support: 1-866-274-0960) about the migration of AFG grants into the new system. If your 2018 AFG grant has been migrated into FEMA GO system......you will be receiving an award. They are only migrating grants that will be awarded due to issues with the system.
      This is from the FEMA GO webinar from someone who asked that question:: Not necessarily. If the grant has been awarded, you will see an option to Accept Award. This will be discussed later in the webinar.

Comment

What bugle is saying is that if you're showing nothing right now that's going to equate to a denial. They uploaded those being funded first, and apparently are going to leave it that way and aren't going to spend the time/money trying to import applications that won't be funded.
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
          What bugle is saying is that if you're showing nothing right now that's going to equate to a denial. They uploaded those being funded first, and apparently are going to leave it that way and aren't going to spend the time/money trying to import applications that won't be funded.
          Thanks. I just asked on the webinar and they stated that it is not true. So who knows, LOL. They did say that eventually, ALL 2018 apps (approved and denied) will be loaded.
          Last edited by HFDchief801; 09-05-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Sounds silly, but I'm nervous because signing up for FEMA GO was actually pretty easy, once I was added as a contact by our DUNS administrator. Also seeing our 2018 grant in the FEMA GO My Grants section, and according to the other posts, that's encouraging. I just can't believe that I got us into FEMA GO so easily when there's been so many problems and they're using webinars to get folks on the program. Just makes me nervous that I missed something. Seems too easy....

Comment

So what you all are saying is that if you don't see a grant already in the list in the go system; that you are crap out of luck? Used to be the notifications showed up the week or before the grant...................

Comment

That was in the old system, and while they may be eventually uploading all 2018s, a) that's a lot of work for 9000-10000 apps that aren't being funded since they have to manually match a bunch to a registered used, and b) it might take longer than the end of the month which is when it has to be done to comply with the regulations related to fiscal year.

In theory they only need to "allocate" the funds for the awards, but aren't really required to make those allocations public by Sep 30th so all in all who really knows what's going on.
                Brian P. Vickers
                CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Has everyone or anyone else's 2018 SAFER application been brought over to FEMA GO? Our's was brought over several weeks ago.

Comment

My little safer grant has been in there since the go system started. That's when they were brought over as 'tests' in the beginning. Really would rather have new packs

Comment

Our SAFER grant was brought over last week and our OPS grant has been there for a month. Our fire prevention grant has not been transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfd2940 View Post
                        Our SAFER grant was brought over last week and our OPS grant has been there for a month. Our fire prevention grant has not been transferred.
                        Our AFG grant still is not transferred over.

Comment

Did you get a grant? I am trying to figure out if I am still in running for our packs (we have a mix of 2216s and 4500s and some are expiring in beginning of year). We have a SAFER grant in there but nothing about the OPS ones.

Comment

Originally posted by traditionfire View Post
                            My little safer grant has been in there since the go system started. That's when they were brought over as 'tests' in the beginning. Really would rather have new packs
                            I'm with you. My SAFER has been in GO for weeks, and we were notified of award last week. I'm very grateful, but the SCBA one is a huge deal for us, and it isn't in GO yet. I suspect it won't show up.

I know I sound ungrateful, and I really am not.
                            "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Reading the recent posts has been pretty depressing. I checked our FEMA GO page again and it says

Your organization does not have any open grants in FEMA GO.

If the posts here are correct, we missed out on our SCBA replacement application and our Scott cylinders will expire before the 2019 grant cycle is complete. While I am grateful for the AFGs we received in the past, this year has been pretty tough on us all. Congratulations to everyone who hit pay dirt. Does anyone want to buy raffle or pancake breakfast tickets so my guys can have air bottles?

Comment

Interesting...
                                Last edited by Squid486; 09-09-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X