Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fema go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fema go

Looking to see if we can start a forum specific to FEMA GO

Specifically :

Best way to get signed in

Problems people have had getting register and how they have worked through it

As people receive there notifications and work through the grant - any specific pitfalls or things to avoid.

and anything else that applies

Thanks!

Chris

Once the webinar goes tomorrow you will probably get some comments in here but, if most are like me I am still waiting for FEMA to tell me about the whole thing first so that I am on the right page with this thing before I start putting out information that has not been verified and right now, nobody at FEMA is verifying anything it seems..
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I posted this in the 2018 Update thread, but here's how it's worked so far when we've been working with people in setting up GO:

To break down the government-ease language into real user language, here's how to get GO to actually go for you, and it's only 1 of 2 ways:

1) If you are the eBusiness POC, stay here. If not, go to 2
      1a) Create your account in GO.
      1b) Under add your organization enter your DUNS and click ADD
      1c) All applications in GO should appear on the right-hand side. If not, might be in the pile that had issues on import and should show up when they fix them.

2) You aren't the eBusiness POC, so whoever is needs to do Step 1. You need to create your own GO account.
      2a) After they are tied to the organization by Step 1b and the application appears, they add you as a Guest to the application using your email address.
      2b) Now when you login you should see any application they gave you access to.

That's it. Much simpler than SAM which was the goal for a while but it couldn't be done until they pulled banking information from the applications. That's why GO is here, makes it more secure so anyone inside or outside of the organization like us for-hire writers can have full application access without needing to verify the banking information or have it at all to begin with.
      Brian P. Vickers
      CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
      FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
      www.helpmewithgrants.com
      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

FYI for Step 2 it's a known issue that after the eBiz POC adds you as a contact it will not show up when you login. I'm the contact for several now and none of them are showing in my list when I login, was just told by GO Support that they're working on it.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Just an FYI, today's award notices did not go out via e-mail or in the FEMA GO system. I confirmed with the Help Desk that the awards were indeed supposed to go out, but apparently the system glitched...

Comment

I called the help desk this morning regarding my department?s grant not showing in GO. They said they are still working on manually transferring the applications that didn?t transfer automatically.

They said if you receive an award, you will still be notified through the portal.fema page and by email.

They also said awards will be announced on Fridays of each week.

Comment

Ok, so I am not the Ebiz contact for our grant but have been authorized on the site. Our ebiz contact says that there are no grants showing up on our FEMA Go portal. Are they still uploading grants into the FEMA Go site or is this a bad sign for us?!?

Comment

They imported using email addresses as the key, trying to match the application to the SAM eBiz contact so basically everyone who didn't have the eBiz contact as 1 of the 3 contacts in the application didn't match. The applications are probably there, just not tied to anyone for that reason.

Don't know why they did that, easy enough to see beforehand that email addresses weren't going to match since that's almost always the case with municipal departments where the SAM eBiz is a Finance person vs the FD folks being on the AFG application. DUNS number would have been a good data field to use since it's unique to both SAM and each AFG application, even if there are multiple AFG applications since it's a 1 to many relationship between DUNS and apps by design. Either way, wasn't done, dealing with the effects, the rollout will be slow and steady and the lack of any applications showing at this point means nothing.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Thank you BC79er!

Comment

Where do you find the SAM eBiz contact? I am the only user and the Entity Administrator.....but can not find anywhere that says eBiz contact?

Comment

If your filing is publicly viewable, if you just go to the search page without logging in and enter your DUNS then click on the View Details button one of the choices that loads on the new page is POCs, top one is the name of the eBusiness POC. No email addresses are listed so they can't be picked off and phished, but odds are you know who that is.

Most folks in your position used their own names as all 3 POCs when filling out the registration, so if you're logged in just go to View Entity and POCs is one of the choices also, which you'll have to do if the record isn't publicly viewable.

So if you are the eBusiness POC then you can just register in GO and then link using the DUNS like I posted above.
                      Brian P. Vickers
                      www.helpmewithgrants.com
                      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Log into your SAM account, go to Entity Registrations on left column, choose existing. Click on your entity and scroll down to choose "view". Next go to "POCs" on the left column. That screen should take you to all your Points of Contact; the second one is the Electronic Business POC (eBiz contact). That email is the only one that will allow you to setup your initial go account.

Comment

Will they be announcing SAFER Grant awards every Friday?

Comment

Should be doing all 3, Sep 30th deadline is the same for all 2018 programs.
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.helpmewithgrants.com
                            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Just spoke to a gentleman (GPD AFG Program/Financial support: 1-866-274-0960) about the migration of AFG grants into the new system. If your 2018 AFG grant has been migrated into FEMA GO system......you will be receiving an award. They are only migrating grants that will be awarded due to issues with the system.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X