Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2018 AFG update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: With only about 1 in 20 vehicle applications being granted. The computer score could help applicants assess whether they are near the top, somewhere near the cut off line, or clearly out of the running. The same should be true of equipment applications.

Comment

Don't even need that, computer denials should be dropped shortly after Peer ends. They go hands on with those that didn't make Peer just to make sure any scoring changes didn't cause unintended results as has happened in the past when some PPE apps got the boot when they weren't supposed to. But after that, CDJs should drop like they did last year. The issue is that since it's all running through GO and GO isn't functioning all efforts are on fixing it versus dropping denials. Would venture a guess that both systems are set since it wouldn't take much to prep the old portal to handle business just in case GO doesn't go anywhere since the Sep 30th deadline isn't up for debate.
      Brian P. Vickers
      CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
      FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
      www.helpmewithgrants.com
      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Earlier CDJ's would definitely help.
        “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Has anyone heard a new time frame for 1199as, or are we back to the GO system for sure?

Comment

The excruciating silence on the 2018 awards is deafening. Has anyone heard anything, anything at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mawe7 View Post
              The excruciating silence on the 2018 awards is deafening. Has anyone heard anything, anything at all?
              No eerily quiet out of the program office. I have to pray they are just busy getting awards ready to start release in next couple of days if they have any hope of getting all awards out by end of Federal fiscal year. Its going to be a fast and furious scramble when the gate opens, I'm telling you.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I got a nibble! I received a request for confirmation of the grant writer's contract and payment. I sent in the requested information this morning. I received an email back with a confirmation that they received the information that I had sent them. In the confirmation note, they stressed that this is "still in the review process and not an award notice". But, the note did state that we should expect to hear awards being announced in September.

Comment

At this point I'd be expecting one massive denial day and 1 massive awards day...
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Uhg. I heard from a credible source that the 2018 grant award announcements will definitely be through the traditional AFG portal. The source also said that announcements will start sometime in August... no specific date given. Have you signed up for the AFG email e-alerts? If not, that would be a good idea because that is a reliable source of information.

Comment

Fresh scuttlebutt suggesting 1199a's could start to break loose in the next week or so.
                      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

God, I hope something happens relatively soon. There are a lot of people on here, holding their breath, for the lack of better words.

Comment

Has anyone else seen a grant in their FEMA GO portal? Found an application or something for a SAFER grant we applied for this year. No period of performance, awarded amount, or project cost, just the organization and business addresses.

Comment

You may have been part of testing, they've been trying to import the 2018 apps into GO to handle the awards for AFG and SAFER but it's not functioning properly so it's back to the old portal and 1199As once again. Something should crack shortly...
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.helpmewithgrants.com
                            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Thanks. I got excited when I started looking around and saw the entire application was imported. Oh well.

Comment

Well they wouldn't have been trying to import it without a reason is my thought, but everything should be running off the old portal. Had an R&R app with multiple DUNS issues get the standard email and it included a how-to on the 1199A as if it was there but that won't show before the SAM issue is resolved anyway. Since it is supposed to be back to 1199As on the old portal those should be appearing sooner than later with the normal delay that happens between those showing and awards being posted. And the Sep 30th deadline for award announcements looming. SAFER will all probably happen in a day, AFG will probably require a multi-day rollout to avoid crashing a server.
                                Brian P. Vickers
                                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse