Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2018 AFG update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 AFG update

I just revived this from our state. has anyone heard anything else

I just heard from Cathie Patterson that they aren?t anticipating being able to begin making FY 2018 AFG awards until mid-August. My understanding is that they are working out some issues with FEMA GO, their new grants management system, on top of having been set back for several months as a result of the federal government shutdown at the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019. They are planning on making all of the award announcements before the end of the fiscal year. Can you share this information with the board in your next board update email? I?m copying some board members who I?ve corresponded with about this topic recently as an FYI.

so i assume that this means that the 2019 application period won't happen until january 2020, as we are unlikely to know if our 2018 application is to be granted until the end of 2019.

is this anyway to run a railroad ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Comment

Originally posted by AsstChief132 View Post
      so i assume that this means that the 2019 application period won't happen until january 2020, as we are unlikely to know if our 2018 application is to be granted until the end of 2019.

is this anyway to run a railroad ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
      If they make all award announcements before the end of the fiscal year, you'll know in time. The Federal government's fiscal year ends 9/30.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the "fiscal" year part. I can only hope that FEMA will be able to make all of the announcements prior to September 30th. Their track record this year has not been the greatest. I admit that waiting 10 - 11 months to hear about an application leads to frustration and aggravation. For that I apologize.

Comment

They're not using the GO system for 2018 awards because the GO system is having so many issues, so they're back to the same portal we applied under and the 1199A usage like prior years. Was a recent development as in last week. 2018 Award movement on SAFER, AFG, and FP&S will come soon and then be real quick because all notifications have to be made by Sep 30th.
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

I have gone into a "I will believe it when it happens" mode, whether that be FEMA GO or the old way. There sure is a lot of confusion going on!
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

The silence is deafening, the lack of any form of coordinated effort is mind-numbing, and the overall poor execution of this years awards are an absolute travesty at best!

Hell, I would even settle for a really good and partially believable rumor at this point. Does anyone have any factual information at this point, or is it all piecemeal guesswork?

Comment

Educated guesses based on actual conversations with information left out on purpose. Ye olde some information can be said but rest is all "I can neither confirm nor deny...." All awards have to be allocated by Sep 30th either way whether old portal or new portal. Only ones with questions about being accepted or not are SAFER but not likely anyone will turn those down. Then it's just a matter of posting everything and figuring out how to allow awardees to draw down money.
                Brian P. Vickers
                CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Just had a client call me and he had a call from AFG with question and some clarification on their application. Sooooooo, they are doing something and he said they should hear something very soon. Jeff
                  If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

Had a client call just got a call from FPS wanting copy of grant writer's contract and check so things are moving.AT least I know I scored one!
                    Last edited by ktb9780; 07-29-2019, 09:38 AM.
                    Kurt Bradley
                    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                      Has client call just got a call form FPS wanting copy of contract and check so things are moving.AT least I know I scored one!
                      Congratulations Kurt. I keep hoping and checking and hoping....

Comment

DISREGARD THIS POST.....GOT IT FIXED!

So, my "old site" now says this (never had an issue before)?
                        The system is unable to authenticate your account for one of the following reasons:
                        • The account has expired.
                        • The user ID, password, or other credentials entered are not valid.
                        • If you have a FEMA issued PIV card. Please click the PIV graphic to proceed with login.
                        Please click the OK button and make sure the information you have entered is correct.
                        Last edited by HFDchief801; 07-26-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

It bugs me that people are so incensed about this. Grants will happen. The grant folks are under a mandate to go to the new system, which was not ready for them. Yeah, things happen. Get over it.

Grants will come. Vendors will honor their pricing, if not get competitive. You did add 10% for just this possibility right?

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                            It bugs me that people are so incensed about this. Grants will happen. The grant folks are under a mandate to go to the new system, which was not ready for them. Yeah, things happen. Get over it.

Grants will come. Vendors will honor their pricing, if not get competitive. You did add 10% for just this possibility right?
                            I can see both sides of this. It sort of reminds me of an experience my dad had as a mail carrier when an old man on his route growled "You're late!". Dad answered, "When have I ever told you what time I would be here?" So like you said, the grants are coming, and like Dad said, nobody ever promised a certain date.

With that said, there are three problems I see. First is attempting to roll out GO when it clearly wasn't ready, and allowing that to slow the process. Second is the statements from DHS that they would speed things up to get AFG back closer to its original spring application period and then, later on, that things were getting ready to start. This is kind of like my dad telling the old man that delivery would be at 11am and then not showing up at 11am, or like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown again.

But the biggest issue with the delays is that other opportunities for funding are passing by. Just as one example, by the time I will hear yea or nay from AFG, there will have been two state programs that came and went while I waited to find out where I stood. If AFG had released decisions sooner, I would have known if those programs needed to be my Plan B and Plan C for the equipment I requested on AFG. I'm sure many others here are in that same boat.
                            “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                            ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It should be very easy for FEMA/DHS to provide applicants with the initial computer score for their application, plus the high, low, and average score. No analysis would be needed, just the statistics. Then let the applicant make decisions about the viability of his/her application. And whether to seek out other
                              funding sources.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X