Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2018 1199A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 1199A's

Nothing Yet

False start, onebugle. 5 yard penalty, repeat first down. The previous play is under peer review.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ouch, you got me. That was brutal. I saw this string and immediately went to check all my 2018 grants for status changes. Grrr. At least you know we are all watching and waiting!

Comment

Comment

chirp chirp chirp

Last thing I heard from the AFG Help Desk (on Tuesday) was that hey were waiting on the "bosses" to get back from vacation, before they were going to "cut everything loose"!

He failed to say exactly when the boss's vacation officially ended!

chirp chirp chirp

Comment

The pain, the agony, the heartache... Ok. That may be a little too dramatic but I sure hope the folks responsible for AFG get the grant awards process moving. This prolonged season of waiting is excruciating and there are very real life-safety needs waiting to be addressed through grant support that need attention.

Comment

Its funny, a major fire service outlet said they were already out a month ago...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                Its funny, a major fire service outlet said they were already out a month ago...LOL
                Funny how that happens?

Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Local grant writer is telling that the regional she did has already been rejected. Where do people come up with this stuff?
                  “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                  ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is anyone hearing anything???

Comment

Not a thing!

Comment

That time of year for my annual post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                        www.helpmewithgrants.com
                        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

And my post was right, as this came through the channels yesterday...

"This will be an interesting year for sure. We just finished paneling applications 2 weeks ago. The staff are starting to do the post panel review (PPR). I know it doesn?t seem like the wheels are spinning ? but they are ? and at a pretty fast clip. The issue is that we intend to make awards in the new FEMA GO system. We had a couple very long meetings this week with the systems staff to outline the messaging of the next steps. The new system is as new to the staff as it is the recipients ? so we?re trying to make sure we will be able to answer questions when asked. We should have all of that information available for distribution soon.

I always appreciate having folks who are able to share information. I recognize our reach isn?t nearly as far/wide as it needs to be. It would be very helpful to hear the areas that are giving folks the most difficulty ? my assumption is that registering in the new system will be the pain point.

Here is the big news that I can tell you

There will be no 1199a?s."

Guess that makes it easy to avoid checking for what will never appear. The FEMA GO (Grant Outcomes) site is: https://go.fema.gov/login?redirect=%2F

One less thing to do now...
                          Brian P. Vickers
                          www.helpmewithgrants.com
                          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

That will be interesting. When I went to create an account, it said you must be the eBiz contact on sam.gov in order to add an organization. Since we are a city department, I am not that contact. Thus, I can no longer watch to see if we get the grant. With the old system, we worked with the city to use the DUNS etc, but we could access the grant application ourselves. Do you see this being an issue?

Comment

Also creates a problem since unlike the current/old portal there was a grant/revoke access option which was the only legal way to give someone else access to an application for development and/or administration, like what a lot of people hire us to do. How does that happen now since GO doesn't appear to allow that, and it's illegal to share logins? How do multiple people become contacts? Is it really only the SAM eBiz contact who gets notified of anything instead of multiple people? So we don't need 3 contacts anymore?

I sent a few questions to DC to find out, pretty sure there were a whole lot of use case and other basic software architecture/development documents missing when they turned this one out...
                              Brian P. Vickers
                              www.helpmewithgrants.com
                              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse