Safer Data Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safer Data Reports

Our department is looking to file a SAFER application. One of the pieces of data we need is proof that we are not able to meet the NFPA 1710 Standard of 15 firefighters on scene within 8 minutes. I've been trying to find / or create a report in Firehouse that will show we do not meet this standard. I'm guessing, other departments have had to find this data as well. I'm hoping maybe someone could help me with a report they have found that will show this data. Any ideas would be really appreciated. I've spoken with Firehouse Support, and they are supposed to be creating a custom report. But, that is taking way more time than expected. And, I'm not convinced the tech completely understood what we are really needing. And, I'm assuming we are not the only department needing this information and hoping not to reinvent the wheel.

Should be able to run a unit arrival report for an incident, and then derive the staffing level of each unit. If you only have 3 on the first 3 trucks showing up and the 4th doesn't get there until 11 minutes after dispatch then you didn't hit the first alarm level, and would tell you if you hit the initial attack metric that way also.

Of course depends on whether your reports show unit staffing levels and the dispatch/arrival times are entered. Might be hard to believe but I've heard tell that sometimes NFIRS reports aren't filled out completely...being a former software/database guy, if the data's not in the system then you can't get what you need back out of it.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse