Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Grant Close out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Close out

So my department was lucky enough to be selected for the 2017 AFG grant for new SCBA. We followed the processes to acquire the new SCBA and have now received it and put it all into service. (yeah us!!!!)
    At this point, I am looking to finalize (close out) the grant.
    However, I am unable to find anywhere in the portal that will allow me to do this.

I found this blip in the "FY2017 AFG User Guide No TOC"
    Closeout
    The recipient is expected to close out the grant no later than 90 days after the POP end date.
    The recipient cannot incur additional expenses during this period of time, but can submit
    outstanding reports and request final payment (reimbursement only).
    The ?Closeout? process requires submission of a final SF‐425 FFR and Programmatic Performance report. The AFG closeout report is submitted and processed through eGrants. When the closeout module becomes available, the grant?s Primary POC will receive an e‐mail notification through eGrants, so please ensure the contact information is updated regularly. The recipient can also sign up to receive e‐mail alerts from AFG at http://www.fema.gov/e‐mail‐alert‐archive.
    Follow the steps below to access the closeout module in eGrants:
    • On the "Status" screen, scroll to find the recipient?s AFG grant.
    • Select ?Grant Closeout? from the drop‐down menu in the ?Action? column, and click ?Go.?
    • If the ?Grant Closeout? option is not available, the closeout report for the specific grant is not available.
    After a recipient closes out their grant, they will receive a formal closeout letter. Since FEMA
    processes thousands of closeout reports, it may take some time for the recipient to receive the
    letter.

So am I reading this correct in that at some point FEMA will be adding the "Grant Closeout" dropdown to my menu options?
    Or should I email my FEMA rep and ask them?
    I'm just ready to get grant closed out and move on the to next one!!

Thanks

Michael

After a recent conversation with officials at program office for AFG I was informed that closeout modules for 2016, 2017 and 2018 are still not available and not anticipated to be available anytime in the near future. It was also recently noticed that you can no longer fill out the required final SF-425 as it has become a part of the closeout module in your programmatic AFG final reports. I was advised that ALL departments who have 2016, 2017 or 2018 AFG grants where their period of performance is complete. but they cannot access a close-out module. will be notified via email when that function/module is available and that you will not be penalized for same as long as all previous reports were filed and accepted on-time. Just to CYA, I would go into your online mail for AFG and send a notice to your FPS stating that you have finished your PoP and that you are awaiting the availability of the closeout module to finalize the closeout of that grant.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Do we know when they will release the Closeout module for the 2015 Grants?

Comment

RFD18 you are reading that right. FEMA will notify you when the closeout module is available. Until then it is just a good CYA to use the mail center in the online app and send an email to your FPS advising them that the grant is complete however you are awaiting the closeout module to finish it out.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

They were moving closeouts to a new website named FEMA GO. I believe they were testing it with some of us. It was a little more user friendly but it had bugs. I began working on the closeout and encountered a problem with drop down menus not showing up. I contacted them and they were working on it before the shutdown. I have not heard anything since and the issue remains.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90