Community Paramedic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Paramedic

Ok, I write this here instead of looking it up for two reasons, to keep the forum busy, and because I am wicked busy today. That, and a lot of you pick up on things I miss.

Got an EMS service that wants to create a community paramedic program. It would include,

Site visits, ie, laying on of hands with patient care for frequent flyers and at risk patients.

Community education. Not just CPR training, but much more. Education of the public on what EMS is, when to call, when to haul, etc.

Works on special projects like perhaps a smoke/CO detector program, or such.

Primary job is however patient care of the frequent flyers and at risk patients.

Outcomes expected is a better level of care for the above people, while freeing up transport units if we can break the frequent flyers cycle. Patient education and public education also.

They would hope for funding of the person who does this, hopefully some money for a vehicle, a little 14k car would work. Some money for equipment to get started. Any thoughts on how this would fit in a grant? SAFER or OPS?

Ideas? Thoughts?

The 2017 AFG application period is closed now. You would have to wait for 2018 AFG I would read the NOFO for 2017 and see if it is in the approved project list, and what the limits are.

SAFER is for getting firefighters on fire engines, not Community Paramedicine.

Comment

Originally posted by jhl81791123 View Post
      The 2017 AFG application period is closed now. You would have to wait for 2018 AFG I would read the NOFO for 2017 and see if it is in the approved project list, and what the limits are.
      Thank you for letting me know. I guess that is why I am already scheduled to go and do peer review for the AFG ops and vehicle grants?

Originally posted by jhl81791123 View Post
      SAFER is for getting firefighters on fire engines, not Community Paramedicine.
      Safer is for all sorts of things to achieve firefighters on apparatus, but it can be for a multitude of things. Best grant program out there IMHO.

Last edited by LVFD301; 02-23-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X