Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to assume the government shutdown will postpone the AFG deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to assume the government shutdown will postpone the AFG deadline?

Any wisdom from you well-connected folks?

Such wishful thinking! Unfortunately, I say no way. I'm already concerned that there will not be enough time to get pre-scoring completed, panel reviews, and technical review process prior to late Spring. That will give us just about 4 months for awards to be processed before the funding lapses in September. They've always done a good job to make all awards just in time (albeit barely). This will be the most concise timeframe from application to end of fiscal year, ever.

Comment

During the 2013 shutdown all nonessential Fema personnel were furloughed including AFG staff. Payment requests and SAFER post panel reviews were delayed as a result. I agree with sly that the timing is already too compressed this year, but unless Congress comes up with a solution over the weekend I can?t see AFG avoiding a furlough and a delayed closing.

Comment

I don' think it is going to affect AFG as long as they pass something this weekend or bright and early on MOnday. You can bet AFG will be down to skeleton staff on Monday. Last time the AFG director was answering the phone during the shutdown when I called. Bets advice, continue full-speed ahead towards deadlines.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse