Question about Firefighters Support Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Firefighters Support Foundation

I came across this group the other day, Firefighters Support Foundation has anyone received a grant from this group?

Thank You

There's a long list of departments that have received funding from them, but there are similarly named organizations. The legitimate one is ffsupport.org, I've talked to them on several occasions.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

ffsupport.org is the one i was asking about.
      Thanks for the information.
      I won"t cost anything to fill out the application.

Comment

Originally posted by bfd102 View Post
        ffsupport.org is the one i was asking about.
        Thanks for the information.
        I won"t cost anything to fill out the application.

You are correct, it won't cost anything to fill out the application.

But the organization is shady as fruck. ffsupport.org if you dig into their web page, lists a physical address of 40 School Street, 8 in Greenfield MA. Digging into their 2015 I-990 filing to the IRS, they list $5,222,910.00 as their total income for the year, and total expenses of $5,171,911.00. Of those expenses $4,695,895.00 were listed as professional fundraising expenses, $202,382.00 as salary and benefits, (the director, David Kenik in the Saint Louis area gets 100k cash, and they have two employees) and finally $208,982 paid out in "grants and similar amounts paid".

Only 5 departments that year recieved over 5k.

ENTERPRISE VOLUNTEER 6,500 HERMALIMAGERS FIRE DEPT PO BOX 164 ENTERPRISE , MS 09330

CLAYTON COUNTY FIRE 20,000 T HERMAL IMAGERS 7810 HIGHWAY 85 RIVERDALE ,GA 30274

CITY OF VANDALIA DIV OF 15,000 SMOKE TRAINING FIRE SYSTEMS 8505 PETERS PIKE VANDALIA,OH 45377

FAIRFIELD FIRE 6,000 THERMAL IMAGERS DEPARTMENT 1200 KENTUCKY ST
        FAIRFIELD,CA 94533

NEW ALEXANDRIA 11,500 WATER RESCUE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT EQUIPMENT 212 GAY STREET NEW ALEXANDRIA,PA

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201512_990.pdf

They also state their 990's are available on their web page to the IRS, but alas, I could not find them.

Last edited by LVFD301; 08-18-2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Doing a little more, Kenik also has this organization, Disabled Police and Sheriff's Foundation

Although this group only pulled in 1.5 million, 1,401,140 went to fundraising, leaving a paltry 100k left,
          Training Programs $62,588 72.9%
          Disability Grant Program $10,000 11.6%
          Law Enforcement Equipment Grant $7,251 8.4%

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=12035

Now, you want to know where that training program money goes?

To pay himself for the videos he produces silly!

http://www.posai.org/our-training-approach

And he offers training and concealed carry training to the public also! WHAT A GUY!

ROLLA POLICE DEPT 1,276 FMV BALLISTIC TACTICAL HELMETS PROVIDE 1007 N30ELM ST ROLLA,MO 65401

LAGRANGE POLICE DEPT 1,475 FMV BODYCAMS PROVIDE 100 W HARALSON ST LAGRANGE,GA 30240

BENT COUNTY SHERIFFS 4,500 FMV ASERS PROVIDE DPET CHARITABLE 11100 COUNTY RD ASSISTANCE TO LAW LAS ANIMAS,CO 81054

3 departments got all his equipment grants. 7k.

I did check to see who owned Outreach calling, the company that gets millions from the fundraising, but it is NOT kenik.
          Last edited by LVFD301; 08-18-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Yea if my math is right that's less than $.04 per dollar donated that actually goes to grants. Pathetic.
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Thank You for the information.
              I don't think we will be applying.

Comment

Wait - I never said don't apply. Take them for anything you can get. Just don't give to them, and don't let them name you during fundraising. Take their money, anything you can get!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X