Been out the game for a few years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been out the game for a few years

I have been out of the rant writing game for a few years. I understand that you can apply for more than one micro grant per year now.

My department has added a substation with a new apparatus. Yes we are DEEPLY in debt! I have 2 different grants that I wanted to apply for to help equip this apparatus.

The first is a thermal imaging camera. I am awaiting 2 different cost estimates for this piece of equipment. We do have a thermal camera on or engine in the main station.

The second is a set of battery powered hydraulic rescue equipment, cutter and spreader. I have an estimate on this equipment. We do have a full set of hydraulic rescue tools on the rescue truck in our main station.

Is either of these grants worth pursuing? What is the cost allowance for these and what is the max amount allowed for a micro grant?

Thanks everyone for the help!

You cannot apply for more than one Micro Grant in a single year. You could apply for both items in a single application, although you probably want to stay focused. If you are replacing equipment, the age will come into scoring consideration. If you are adding to your inventory, it may be a lower priority.

Comment

Volchief1 - Also if you have a FIrehouse Subs in your area or surrounding area, they are a good source to apply for these items as well. Another idea would be apply through AFG for one and Firehouse Subs for the other. Just adding options, good luck.

Comment

I'll Second what CordovaFire said.. With Firehouse Subs It took a couple of tries (around here you can apply every Quarter) and it helps to get friendly with your local franchise owner, but we were able to get a grant from them for a full set of Hurst eDraulic tools (~ $29K). We even got help from our local Hurst dealer, after a demo... who also had recommendations for a successful application...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X