Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2016 Here We Go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    This is mind boggling.......except for my department.... still have not gotten any 1199A's.
    But you're making ME feel better. I figure a lot more still to come.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• I'm confused as to where I can find all this info at. I signed in yesterday to check the status of the grant we applied for but haven't been able what you guys are finding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wbensm View Post
        I'm confused as to where I can find all this info at. I signed in yesterday to check the status of the grant we applied for but haven't been able what you guys are finding.
        If you have previously received a grant or grants, go back to that application and choose "View 1199a" in the dropdown menu at the right. Click "Go". At the top of the next screen, you will see all your previous grant numbers. If you have one for 2016, you are in the early stages of being awarded.

If you have never been awarded, go to this past year's application(s). Check the dropdown for EACH 2016 grant application and see if it says "Update 1199a". If it does, select that, hit "Go", and follow the instructions.
        “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post

If you have previously received a grant or grants, go back to that application and choose "View 1199a" in the dropdown menu at the right. Click "Go". At the top of the next screen, you will see all your previous grant numbers. If you have one for 2016, you are in the early stages of being awarded.

If you have never been awarded, go to this past year's application(s). Check the dropdown for EACH 2016 grant application and see if it says "Update 1199a". If it does, select that, hit "Go", and follow the instructions.
          Thank you!

Comment

• 1199A update this morning that was not there yesterday! $275K for Stretcher lifts and CPR Compression devices. Waterford Regional in Michigan.

Comment

• Just found a Exhaust extrication system. GOD is so good. Jeff
              I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Comment

• Found a couple of cardiac monitors and a hose grant update this morning.
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• Probably only around 1/3d of the 1199a's have been sent out so far. Lots to go

Comment

• Hadn't had a chance to check earlier, but did find an exhaust award myself. Hopefully the streak continues.

Comment

• Did anybody receive any congressional phone calls this week for award announcements Friday?

Comment

• R2 is tomorrow.
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                        www.helpmewithgrants.com
                        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Looks like only about 16 EMS awards today. Congrats to those who won!
                          Kurt Bradley
                          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• Don't want to be the Debbie-Downer... but does anyone know when the DJs will start?

Comment

• Not for a while. Since they went to the single DJ round at the end probably will be August or later. Hoping they do computer denials earlier so people can plan but who knows.
                              Brian P. Vickers
                              CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                              FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                              www.helpmewithgrants.com
                              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Had a profile update this morning - does that present any sign of hope?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90