Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2016 Here We Go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like the buzzard waiting on a tree branch saying "Patience hell, I'm going to kill something!". Open the floodgate AFG! More than ready
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Maybe some 1199as today, please?
      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Check all of yours for us, Kurt! It's SEC tournament time and I gotta watch the Cats in 2 1/2 hours.

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've heard talk about getting the AFG program back to the spring but they do not seem to be trying very hard. The first 1199As (non-EMS) last year came out on March 28, so they are not gaining any ground time-wise. Oh well, I guess they will come when they come, nothing we can do but wait.

Comment

I would be hard pressed to say they are not trying very hard. Lots have to come together before the grants start.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
              I would be hard pressed to say they are not trying very hard. Lots have to come together before the grants start.
              I totally agree, I am sure they are working very hard on the 2016 grants. What I meant was the rumored catch-up to get AFG back to the spring. I realize that all depends on funding issues and other things that are difficult to control. Just getting a little anxious.
              Last edited by tjjoseph; 03-14-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Remember they are dealing with a new DHS secretary, new FEMA director and continued close scrutiny fomr GMS and OMB.
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

There's news on TV that AG Sessions is vowing to hold up any federal grant funding going to sanctuary cities. Any you guys, Kurt, Brian, or others have any insider information if this is the reason why we haven't seen any grant announcements yet. Some grumblings I've heard indicate that they don't know how to proceed given this announcement so they are holding off on awarding any funds until they get a clarification.

Comment

The sanctuary city thing only covers law enforcement grants, saw that clarified yesterday in a news story about the issue. Has no effect on AFG or the others because PDs aren't in the mix of awardees. Since funds are locked for what they were awarded for, it shouldn't hold up AFG awards to sanctuary cities.

The other thing in play is that the current funding level of the government ends April 30th or thereabouts, so they need to pass some stuff to keep from a shutdown then, which will happen it's just the game of hoop jumping since it hasn't been done yet. So everything in AFG appears to be on hold until the budget stuff goes through.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                    www.helpmewithgrants.com
                    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Brian I sincerely hope you are right because prior to Sessions announcement it appeared as though ALL Federal funding was at risk, including fire act grants. Here is the lastest as of 4 hours ago according to NY Times ( if you can believe them). https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...s-qa.html?_r=0
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Sessions specifically mentioned​ Department of Justice only in the article I read, didn't mention anything about any other types of grants but that doesn't mean it couldn't be caught up in there too. Especially for the municipalities who are responsible for all things Public Safety.
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                        www.helpmewithgrants.com
                        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Start clicking, a colleague reports finding two fresh ones since last night.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Well none for me yet, let's hope that later today they continue to update some 1199a's
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

Found 6 on first glance!

Comment

That was a waste of time.......nothing.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse