Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2016 Here We Go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received another $250K award for EMS Equipment. Kurt Bradley has taught me how to be successful. Thank you Kurt!

Comment

• Originally posted by BonHiverWI View Post
      I also got an "Update Profile" message today. Second time in the last few months. I know it is not an indicator of anything, but a small rural department can hang on to some sort of hope right? :-)
      Look about two messages before your post and you'll see a good reply. It isn't bad, but no guarantee...
      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

• Settle in for the long stretch here folk!. My latest intel states that awards will stretch out well into August so it's going to be a long hot summer of waiting. Updating of 1199a's will be sporadic at best so don't lose patience here folks; the awards will come you just have to wait them out. In the meantime may I suggest to you that instead of waiting with bated breath that you begin working on your 2017 AFG application and maybe even think about trying to attend a class from one of us prior to what looks like is going to be a September opening for 2017 AFG. Have questions give me a shout via PM or through here or my website/email.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• Congressional phone calls are going out for awards this Friday. Two of my departments with calls so far.

Comment

• We're back - found 2 fresh ones this morning. :-)

Comment

• Got one for NJ for SCBA; I'll take it.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• Three more this morning; I think they are fresh with a new Update 1199A and no e-mail.

Comment

• Weekend work continues...three more today.

Comment

• Found one for SCBA....wasn't there yesterday.

Comment

• Another new one this morning for a nice sized Regional. Was not there last night.

Comment

• God is good, found a nice size SCBA for a Combo Dept.
                        I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Comment

• Fundin'; fundin', fundin', keep them grants a-fundin', FEMAAA!!!
                          Brian P. Vickers
                          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                          www.helpmewithgrants.com
                          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Anyone out there see 1199a's for apparatus yet?

Comment

• Seems to be mostly SCBAs. I have been waiting for someone to get a radio 1199.
                              This space for rent

Comment

• Can't remember if we have one yet or not. Since they started up again been a Health/Wellness, rescue tools, plus the usual PPE and SCBA suspects, don't remember any radios though. They're usually later in the game because all communications apps go to the state for approval.
                                Brian P. Vickers
                                CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                                FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse