Gear washer and dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear washer and dryer

Anyone had any luck with getting an actual gear / PPE washer and dryer that is willing to share portions of their grant? We had purchased a "commercial" washer and dryer and have been sadly disappointed for years. Does nothing to get the gear cleaned and takes 4 washes to even get close....1 piece at a time. SAD!!

Also what washer and dryer did you get?

Comment

We received a micro grant for 2014. Got a Dexter washer and UniMac dryer. Just used it and was able to do 3 sets of outer shells at a time or 3 pieces of inner liners. The washers are all rated by weight of the materials dry. That means that you will always be able to wash more outer shells than inner liners at a time. But, the liners take longer to dry, so it all works out.

Comment

We have a washer (just a heavy duty washer, not an extractor). We are thinking of writing a grant for a cabinet dryer that could be used for both PPE and hose. Is it best not to state this? Could I lose points as hose dryers and not considered a high-priority item in the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)? Or would it help me to state this as the cabinet dryer is multi-purpose? Thanks for your thoughts!

~Skojo

Comment

I would make sure to list that the primary function is for PPE. PPE will always take priority and then when it is done, hose can be dried. Another aspect to think of is if you are properly cleaning the hose. The purpose of an extractor (washer) is to clean the gear of all contaminates. If the hose is not cleaned to the same standard you are possibly reintroducing the chemicals, dirt, and other substances back into the PPE after it has been washed.

With that being said, showing how it can be used for multiple items (EMS sheets, vests, etc.) and will be available for others to use (if that is the case) are all supposed to get you better marks. I would make sure that you address the possible issues before adding something that can be construed negatively.

Comment

If anyone would like they can send a copy of a successful grant app.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X