AFG Grant for SCBA questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFG Grant for SCBA questions

If someone would be willing to email a winning narrative for SCBA to look at for ideas of what they are looking for I would sincerely appreciate it. [email protected]

What is the maximum amount that AFG will award for SCBA?

Thanks!

Originally posted by covingtonfiredept View Post
    If someone would be willing to email a winning narrative for SCBA to look at for ideas of what they are looking for I would sincerely appreciate it. [email protected]

What is the maximum amount that AFG will award for SCBA?

Thanks!
    Wrong tactic here; just because someone got awarded $7600 per set of SCBA does not mean you should ask for the same thing. That department might have state regulations that require a self rescue device on each SCBA or their department might be in Commonweal of the Northern Marianas Islands in the South Pacific and the shipping charges are killing them or they may be in Calif or Washington state where the FDs are not exempt from state sales tax. Get prices or quotes from 2-3 vendors and pick a price somewhere in the middle of that. Generally we saw most SCBA funded last year at between $5750 and $6250 per two bottle set with HUD face piece. This game is not about "get as much as you can", its about getting basic safety equipment that you have no money to afford, Its like Vegas, you know the house is rigged to win all the time so play the averages. Stick where you see most awards coming in at and you will present a "reasonable" application. Always remember it is better to win 80% of something than 100% of nothing!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I understand. I'm not looking to copy what another dept. has applied for. I'm simply looking for a narrative or 2 to look at to get some ideas from when writing my narratives. I've already looked and decided on which equipment best suits our dept. I'm looking for information at what the peer panel may be looking for when awarding SCBA's.

Thanks!

Comment

If you answer the questions that are given in the paragraph above your open space to put your narratives in, that is what peer is looking for. You can also look in the Get ready guide under the AFG site. Jeff
        If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

Originally posted by covingtonfiredept View Post
          I've already looked and decided on which equipment best suits our dept.
          Remember that if awarded, you will be required to conduct a competitive bidding process in accordance with 2 CFR.

Comment

Would still like to see someone's winning narrative for SCBA if they would be willing to share. Thank you in advance [email protected]

I will keep these confidential and will not share them.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X