Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Writing Safety

Don't forget Cousin Brian's rules for grant writing safety this season:

1) Only use cups with lids at your computer.
    2) Avoid eating the following near your keyboard: Cheetos, chicken wings, food with rice
    3) Use a laptop or a desktop with a UPS to avoid loss during power outages. This will keep others safe from loud cursing and flying objects.
    4) Start early so you're not working on the 24th, 25th, or 26th. I'm not. No one's headstone ever said I wished I worked more. Those are family days.

Happy Granting, and to act as stress relief like we do with the Waiting Bar thread, add your own.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Jesus that's too funny Brian! Let the games begin!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
      ...2) Avoid eating the following near your keyboard: Cheetos, chicken wings, food with rice
      Had a kid bring me their computer the other day stating it didn't work anymore. Once I opened it up to test stuff, found a load of white rice inside. Apparently, they spilled water and decided to place it in a container of rice to dry it out.

Works with phones....not computers.
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Had some other other night, need to add Smart Food popcorn to the list. Stuff gives Cheetos a run for their money with crumb slime...
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

I have an IV drip set up beside the desk with coffee to sustain me during next 6 weeks.
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I failed to follow Rule #1... Just to let everyone know....Diet Pepsi and keyboards do not mix well

New keyboard (without the Diet Pepsi addition) does work well!!!

Comment

Since we sold the old house to buy the land had to get a real office, redid my desk and liking it now. I'm using the keyboard tray for paperwork and food, keyboard on the desk. Actually makes me sit up straighter, better for the back too. Need to get the core strength back, might clear up some things on the to-do list, get my BMI back down at the gym, then see if I can't get a waiver to re-enlist. Miss being in since it wasn't that long, pinched a nerve during the drawdown 2 years ago and even medical HQ said let me stay. Details. If anyone knows any Army O7s or higher that can get me one let me know. Wife already gave me permission.
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.helpmewithgrants.com
              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse