X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way to go ICEMAN

barkeep make mine a Bushmills please since Kurt's buying this round

Comment

• Well hell, double em up barkeep! Hit another SAFER and 2 AFG 1199as first thing this morning! Can I get an amen?
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• So have the Computer DJs gone out yet?

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Luther724 View Post
          So have the Computer DJs gone out yet?

Chris
          No not till later or early July
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Does your Bar And Grill serve double strength straight Lemon Juice? I choose to pay for what I drink thank you. Right now I am still not quite sure what this thread is all about. Some help here please because this Old Coot Dinosaur very old school guy does not understand.

We ARE talking about Federal Government American Fire Service Grant money being used to what ever you ask for? Within reason and within policy and procedure? Big grants? Small Grants? Pretty much anything and everything relating to your Fire Agency? For the asking?

Again right now I do not understand. Are you joking or are you serious? Thank you. Respectfully. HB of CJ (old coot) retarded FF PM, RN.

Comment

• welcome over here old coot
              yes we are all those who write grants for our departments and others to apply to the federal fire act program.
              It is a competitive application process with initial computer based scoring and for those fortunate enough to score high enough , it goes to further review by a peer group of firefighters who gather to read and score the applications.
              A very small percentage get approved for funding each year due to limited amount of money in the kitty.

thats a quick synopsis of why we all hang out here helping each other and commiserating together. Some even get to celebrate

Comment

• Thank you islandfire03. I will have my aforementioned double straight Lemon Juice! Ahhuuughhh! Wow ... was that ....... GOOD! Interesting subject matter and thank you. Glug glug glug. HB

Comment

• Originally posted by HBofCJ View Post
                  Thank you islandfire03. I will have my aforementioned double straight Lemon Juice! Ahhuuughhh! Wow ... was that ....... GOOD! Interesting subject matter and thank you. Glug glug glug. HB
                  Welcome HBofCJ this thread is for those of us who have put the applications in and then are caught in the "Wait and See" mode while Uncle Sam or the funding source makes up their minds if we are worthy or not. We ask questions, we complain about the govmnt", we lament our collective woes in the fire service. So come on in, pull up a stool and take a load off. Feel free to ask about pert near anything!
                  Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Doubles for everyone!! Found an 1199 today for tender..add that to our 32 scba 1199 and I'm a happy man!

Comment

• nice job COEMFD
                      You should be doing the happy dance on main st.

Comment

• Another week...no award...

Anybody got an extra liver laying around??

Comment

• I would ask again, if any department that gets SCBA can help, I have 3 departments locally that are still using demand valve airpacks, we really really need to get them into ANYTHING positive pressure.

We will pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                            I would ask again, if any department that gets SCBA can help, I have 3 departments locally that are still using demand valve airpacks, we really really need to get them into ANYTHING positive pressure.

We will pick up.
                            I'm watching for one for you.
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Anyone seen any awards today?
                              Kurt Bradley

Comment

• I got the 1199 deposit form mailed in today for a first time award winner I wrote. So now they can award the other 2 grants I wrote for them (Ambulance and SCBA).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X