Welcome to the " Wait N' See" Bar and Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    If we had ever been able to pull off that grant class there, you would have not made those mistakes with your grant. LOL Glad to see they are giving it to you hopefully.
    Or my department or some of these others around here might be driving around in something that resembles an actual fire truck.

Although I didn't apply for apparatus for my department this year. It isn't that we don't need it, most departments do, but I really feel like apparatus should go to departments where apparatus is the missing link. I'm hoping that will be us in the next year or two, but it isn't right now.

Comment

When might we start to see movement on AFG's? Like 1199's? How about awards? I have seen here there have been some clarification questions going to some companies. Just wondering about progress.
      BB

Comment

Bunker gear

From a post above - are they only approving bunker gear for members who have been through FF1? If so, is this something new I missed?

Our department SOG's is for new members to attend a FF1 class during their first year but it might be a little difficult if they don't have gear until they have completed the class.

Comment

Originally posted by BB3939 View Post
          When might we start to see movement on AFG's? Like 1199's? How about awards? I have seen here there have been some clarification questions going to some companies. Just wondering about progress.
          If the Senate approves the DHS funding bill and does not sen 80% of the DHS employees home while the shutdown is in effect I expect we may see 1199a movement by mid-March. If they shut thing down at DHS it will delay things further. It won't endanger getting awards but the time span as to when they will be released my be pushed back since there will be no employees there to handle the paperwork associated with the awards.
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchkrat View Post
            From a post above - are they only approving bunker gear for members who have been through FF1? If so, is this something new I missed?

Our department SOG's is for new members to attend a FF1 class during their first year but it might be a little difficult if they don't have gear until they have completed the class.
            I think someone has misinterpreted that. AFG encourages the attaining of FF1 and FFII NFPA compliance. They are not likely to fund a bunch of expensive high tech safety equipment for those who do not adhere to the first rule of safety which is proper training. Sending you 20 sets of expensive SCBA equipment when your people are not properly trained to be interior firefighters makes no sense under that scenario.Turnout gear for those who have none, is still going to be a priority no doubt; always has been always will be. But if you have a bunch of long term volunteers who have not sought or are not actively seeking to attain proper certification they might take exception to that. Suffice it to say clearly, if you want the toys you have to train the boys!
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

One would presume that during peer review, the panelists would look at the level of training towards FFI and FFII, look at progress made along that front, and the explanation given for not having full 100% compliance. If nothing but excuses are given, they may not grade the application as highly - why would they if there were not qualified people to use the equipment?

One would presume.

Comment

Depends on location too, PA and most of the northeast was FF1 before you could ride a truck. TX interior FF is still 80 hours with 8 being live burn to be cleared to go. Several other states are the same, but it is only those that can actively fight a fire that are eligible for PPE.
                Brian P. Vickers
                CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Best mosey on up to the bar and order a few more rounds boys and girls! Its 5:30 EST and our illustrious Congress has once again failed to put petty differences aside in favor of the continued security of our country. by failing to pass the funding bill for DHS. Emergency negotiations are continuing in the hopes that they can get something in place by midnight but, at this point, I am not going to be holding my breath that anything will get done in time. If they fail to fund, I have it on good authority that the employees of FEMA who occupy the desks in Washington DC will not be at their desks come Monday morning. So what does that mean in terms of what happens to application process for SAFER or 2014 AFG awards being processed? I wish I could answer those two questions more accurately for you but, honestly I do not think those in Washington DC know exactly what is going to happen. We are going to have to ride out the storm just like they are and pick up the pieces when done and carry on. Suffice it to say that if the FEMA/AFG employees get furloughed come Monday you can bet that 2014 AFG awards will in fact be delayed. I have no idea what is going to happen right now with SAFER in open application status. As soon as we find out something, you all will be the first to know.Bartender a double shot of Jack with a couple of Icehouse chasers please!
                  Kurt Bradley

Comment

Can I please see a menu Kurt!

Comment

Originally posted by jhl81791123 View Post
                      Can I please see a menu Kurt!
                      Take your pick; we have a delectable choice of 5-Alarm Venison Chili, Blazing Inferno Wings, Mayday Poppers and Fire Pole Sliders.
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Time to batten down the hatches and get your snow shovels waxed up along the Joisey shore folks

The ICEMAN cometh to pay a visit to Sea girt this coming weekend. LOOK OUT :-}

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                          Time to batten down the hatches and get your snow shovels waxed up along the Joisey shore folks

The ICEMAN cometh to pay a visit to Sea girt this coming weekend. LOOK OUT :-}
                          Actually islandfire03 I think you read that wrong. We are in Sea Girt next week, not this weekend. My partner Margaret will be the instructor there, I will bi in Fair Grove, MO teaching on next Friday and Saturday.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Just a heads up for everyone but I have it on good authority that the SAFER and FP&S peer panel will be conducted at the same time but not till May.
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

I heard thru the grapevine that Margaret bring 80 degrees and sunshine unlike somebody else I know :-}

OK Joisey folks get your portable pumps out and checked flooding is coming next week. :-}

Missouri folks get your snow shovels ready.

Hows that my friend????/

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post

Missouri folks get your snow shovels ready.

Hows that my friend????/

If he is bringing snow to us, I will meet him at the airport. With a ... you get the idea, we don't need any more snow!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X