No announcement yet.

Welcome to the " Wait N' See" Bar and Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told that a company in our area received a call to verify account numbers for an air pack grant...not sure how true it is.
    Last edited by Squid486; 01-30-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid486 View Post
      I was told that a company in our area received a call to verify account numbers for an air pack grant...not sure how true it is.
      Tech reviews are and have been going on, so the ball is rolling forward.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

still digging out here in Maine.
        28 inches of powder on Tuesday and another 8-10 " today
        Kurt ::: are you SURE you didn't visit here ???

Comment

Sorry islandfire03 but the closest North I have come in last 2 weeks was 100 miles North of Kansas City. Now, a snow storm threat chased me form there back to the Kansas City airport but, you have a another snow God up there doing the dastardly deed.
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Kurt could have been thinking of booking a class up there LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FFTParrish View Post
              Kurt could have been thinking of booking a class up there LOL
              Got one due up in MA at Lynnfield FD in September. I have been trying to get up into Maine since 2004 but can't get any takers.
              Kurt Bradley

Comment

Received an email late Thursday from a contractor working for AFG requesting a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding required before we filed our regional communications grant. Returned all the paperwork early the next day. Kurt says this is an indication it is in tech review. Hopefully $650K will be coming our way soon.

Comment

thats a good sign HFD. usually means step 3 in the process as the tech folks are looking at your app file to see if you followed the rules and have all your ducks in a row.
                  Regionals are like herding cats & they want to make sure you have it together before approving them.

I'd say this is on pace with what we have seen in past years. First awards for april 15th I predict.

Comment

Hey Fire where at up there? I am headed to West Brook to teach next weekend and I want to know what boots to pack.

Comment

Westbrook is a suburb of Portland, about an hour souwest from here.
                      Pack your tall winter boots and long johns. Today we got another foot of snow making for a total of around 40 inches in the past 10 days.
                      what are you teaching?
                      Temps all this week in the teens & single digits.
                      Weather guessers are calling for more snow on Thursday into friday

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                        Westbrook is a suburb of Portland, about an hour souwest from here.
                        Pack your tall winter boots and long johns. Today we got another foot of snow making for a total of around 40 inches in the past 10 days.
                        what are you teaching?
                        Temps all this week in the teens & single digits.
                        Weather guessers are calling for more snow on Thursday into friday
                        I am coming in to teach the TEEX PER-212 class in West Brook. Not sure of where the class site is. Lead Instructor has just told me to be at the airport on time.

Comment

I just got a call asking two clarifications questions. Is that a good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by WVFD705 View Post
                            I just got a call asking two clarifications questions. Is that a good or bad?
                            Bartender give this man a shot of your finest! I think he may be celebrating something later this year! If they are asking questions you made it past computer, got a decent score at peer review and they are now in technical review. Sit back and wait, your news this year will more than likely be good.
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                              Bartender give this man a shot of your finest! I think he may be celebrating something later this year! If they are asking questions you made it past computer, got a decent score at peer review and they are now in technical review. Sit back and wait, your news this year will more than likely be good.
                              Kurt, if that is the case, I'll be a very, very happy camper. I had asked for 16 sets of SCBA and 12 sets of full structural turnouts. The guy I talked to said because of the number of seated riding positions and the types of trucks, the most he could approve would be 14 sets of SCBA. He said because of only having 11 firefighters currently trained to FFI, the most he could approve would be 11 sets of full structural turnouts. I can more than live with that.

Don't know why, but I was thinking tech review was before peer review, although I was really just excited to be past that computer.

Comment

Originally posted by WVFD705 View Post
                                Kurt, if that is the case, I'll be a very, very happy camper. I had asked for 16 sets of SCBA and 12 sets of full structural turnouts. The guy I talked to said because of the number of seated riding positions and the types of trucks, the most he could approve would be 14 sets of SCBA. He said because of only having 11 firefighters currently trained to FFI, the most he could approve would be 11 sets of full structural turnouts. I can more than live with that.

Don't know why, but I was thinking tech review was before peer review, although I was really just excited to be past that computer.
                                If we had ever been able to pull off that grant class there, you would have not made those mistakes with your grant. LOL Glad to see they are giving it to you hopefully.
                                Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse