Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Workshop Schedules getting posted

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2011 Workshop Schedules getting posted

    Mostly starting with FEMA Region 6. At least it's movement.
    http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/progr..._schedule.shtm

  • #2
    Originally posted by hinesfire View Post
    Mostly starting with FEMA Region 6. At least it's movement.
    http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/progr..._schedule.shtm
    That list would appear to indicate to me we are looking at an opening date for 2011 AFG last week of June.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

    Comment


    • #3
      Last one listed is July 5th?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by spegram View Post
        Last one listed is July 5th?
        Yea, after I posted I checked again late that afternoon and noticed they had added dates for July so it looks like right after the 4th maybe.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

        Comment


        • #5
          Just added, workshop on July 11

          Comment


          • #6
            Holy cow!?! Applications won't open until July????

            Comment


            • #7
              So why are they only listing seminars for region 6?????

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                So why are they only listing seminars for region 6?????
                Ed,

                Each of the regions set up their own locations, dates and times. With only 1 FPS in our region with 6 states; probably will take some time. He told me it wouldn't be until June for dates in MA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  All right--been forever since i logged in and i'm really sorry. Have been monitoring on a pretty regular basis--that said......

                  Anybody else a little frustrated with the Workshop schedule format?? In years past, we were able to view the schedule by region, now i'm scrolling through the entire national list twice a day to see what has been added. I'm going to send them a feedback asking for a searchable format (Excel maybe) at least a regional breakdown. Or am i missing something?? Looks like it works well for the web people who put them in though. By the time it's all done there will be approximately 300-400 workshops scheduled--i'll get lost and confused.

                  That's all i've got to whine about right now. Headed home in a bit to cut the grass and wash the cars--we've got another full weekend (if the world doesn't end!!)

                  earl

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
                    All right--been forever since i logged in and i'm really sorry. Have been monitoring on a pretty regular basis--that said......

                    Anybody else a little frustrated with the Workshop schedule format?? In years past, we were able to view the schedule by region, now i'm scrolling through the entire national list twice a day to see what has been added. I'm going to send them a feedback asking for a searchable format (Excel maybe) at least a regional breakdown. Or am i missing something?? Looks like it works well for the web people who put them in though. By the time it's all done there will be approximately 300-400 workshops scheduled--i'll get lost and confused.

                    That's all i've got to whine about right now. Headed home in a bit to cut the grass and wash the cars--we've got another full weekend (if the world doesn't end!!)

                    earl
                    It's a real pain to continue to scroll and check whether new workshops have been added. I have emailed them on this topic as well, asking for a Region by Region display or at least put the Regions in numerical order within the posted dates.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Maryland workshops are scheduled. The first is 6/20 in Ocean City and the last is on 7/14.

                      Phil Goldsmith

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                        Yea, after I posted I checked again late that afternoon and noticed they had added dates for July so it looks like right after the 4th maybe.
                        So "normal" practice is open application period AFTER all workshops completed?

                        The workshops at all worth attending? Or just Fed mumbojumbo? I've successfully written 3 for 6 AFG so no new to the process.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post
                          So "normal" practice is open application period AFTER all workshops completed?

                          The workshops at all worth attending? Or just Fed mumbojumbo? I've successfully written 3 for 6 AFG so no new to the process.
                          Some pretty major changes this year. I'm attending as I do every year!
                          Kurt Bradley
                          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's the current schedule for Maine.

                            May 31st, Tuesday, 1 pm, South Portland, ME
                            South Portland Central Station, 684 Broadway, South Portland, ME
                            Kevin Guimond, email, [email protected], 207-799-3311

                            June 1st, Wednesday, 9:30 am, Augusta, ME
                            Maine Municipal Association, 60 Community Drive, Augusta, ME
                            Joan Kiszely, email, [email protected], 800- 452- 8786

                            June 2nd, Thursday, 9:30 am, Bangor, ME
                            Bangor Civic Center, 100 Dutton Street, Bangor, ME
                            Jeff Cammack, email, [email protected], 207-992-4700

                            June 3rd, Friday, 9:30 am, Paris, ME
                            Paris Fire Station, 137 Western Ave., Paris, ME
                            Scott Parker, email, [email protected], 207-743-6336

                            Presque Isle, time, date and location to be announced soon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post
                              So "normal" practice is open application period AFTER all workshops completed?

                              The workshops at all worth attending? Or just Fed mumbojumbo? I've successfully written 3 for 6 AFG so no new to the process.
                              These ARE WHERE YOU GET THE NEW CHANGES , ADDITIONS & DELETIONS TO THE PG.
                              Maybe not earth shattering news to some ,,, unless you want to roll the dice.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X