2011 Workshop Schedules getting posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Workshop Schedules getting posted

Mostly starting with FEMA Region 6. At least it's movement.
    http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/progr..._schedule.shtm

Originally posted by hinesfire View Post
    Mostly starting with FEMA Region 6. At least it's movement.
    http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/progr..._schedule.shtm
    That list would appear to indicate to me we are looking at an opening date for 2011 AFG last week of June.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Last one listed is July 5th?

Comment

Originally posted by spegram View Post
        Last one listed is July 5th?
        Yea, after I posted I checked again late that afternoon and noticed they had added dates for July so it looks like right after the 4th maybe.
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Just added, workshop on July 11

Comment

Holy cow!?! Applications won't open until July????

Comment

So why are they only listing seminars for region 6?????

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                So why are they only listing seminars for region 6?????
                Ed,

Each of the regions set up their own locations, dates and times. With only 1 FPS in our region with 6 states; probably will take some time. He told me it wouldn't be until June for dates in MA.

Comment

All right--been forever since i logged in and i'm really sorry. Have been monitoring on a pretty regular basis--that said......

Anybody else a little frustrated with the Workshop schedule format?? In years past, we were able to view the schedule by region, now i'm scrolling through the entire national list twice a day to see what has been added. I'm going to send them a feedback asking for a searchable format (Excel maybe) at least a regional breakdown. Or am i missing something?? Looks like it works well for the web people who put them in though. By the time it's all done there will be approximately 300-400 workshops scheduled--i'll get lost and confused.

That's all i've got to whine about right now. Headed home in a bit to cut the grass and wash the cars--we've got another full weekend (if the world doesn't end!!)

earl

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
                    All right--been forever since i logged in and i'm really sorry. Have been monitoring on a pretty regular basis--that said......

Anybody else a little frustrated with the Workshop schedule format?? In years past, we were able to view the schedule by region, now i'm scrolling through the entire national list twice a day to see what has been added. I'm going to send them a feedback asking for a searchable format (Excel maybe) at least a regional breakdown. Or am i missing something?? Looks like it works well for the web people who put them in though. By the time it's all done there will be approximately 300-400 workshops scheduled--i'll get lost and confused.

That's all i've got to whine about right now. Headed home in a bit to cut the grass and wash the cars--we've got another full weekend (if the world doesn't end!!)

earl
                    It's a real pain to continue to scroll and check whether new workshops have been added. I have emailed them on this topic as well, asking for a Region by Region display or at least put the Regions in numerical order within the posted dates.

Comment

The Maryland workshops are scheduled. The first is 6/20 in Ocean City and the last is on 7/14.

Phil Goldsmith

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                        Yea, after I posted I checked again late that afternoon and noticed they had added dates for July so it looks like right after the 4th maybe.
                        So "normal" practice is open application period AFTER all workshops completed?

The workshops at all worth attending? Or just Fed mumbojumbo? I've successfully written 3 for 6 AFG so no new to the process.

Comment

Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post

The workshops at all worth attending? Or just Fed mumbojumbo? I've successfully written 3 for 6 AFG so no new to the process.
                          Some pretty major changes this year. I'm attending as I do every year!
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Here's the current schedule for Maine.

May 31st, Tuesday, 1 pm, South Portland, ME
                            South Portland Central Station, 684 Broadway, South Portland, ME
                            Kevin Guimond, email, [email protected], 207-799-3311

June 1st, Wednesday, 9:30 am, Augusta, ME
                            Maine Municipal Association, 60 Community Drive, Augusta, ME
                            Joan Kiszely, email, [email protected], 800- 452- 8786

June 2nd, Thursday, 9:30 am, Bangor, ME
                            Bangor Civic Center, 100 Dutton Street, Bangor, ME
                            Jeff Cammack, email, [email protected], 207-992-4700

June 3rd, Friday, 9:30 am, Paris, ME
                            Paris Fire Station, 137 Western Ave., Paris, ME
                            Scott Parker, email, [email protected], 207-743-6336

Presque Isle, time, date and location to be announced soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post

These ARE WHERE YOU GET THE NEW CHANGES , ADDITIONS & DELETIONS TO THE PG.
                              Maybe not earth shattering news to some ,,, unless you want to roll the dice.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X