Training Facility Grants/Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Facility Grants/Assistance

Looking for possible grants or financial assistance for a Training Facility. Can you apply for a regional grant? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    Looking for possible grants or financial assistance for a Training Facility. Can you apply for a regional grant? Thanks in advance.
    I heard a rumor that there was going to be a provision in the 2011 AFG for training academies but have not seen anything concrete regarding it yet.With AFG's push for proper training at NFPA 1001 certification levels it only makes sense that they would do something to foster this theory.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
      I heard a rumor that there was going to be a provision in the 2011 AFG for training academies but have not seen anything concrete regarding it yet.With AFG's push for proper training at NFPA 1001 certification levels it only makes sense that they would do something to foster this theory.
      It would make sense but boy would that start a fire storm on the boards.

Comment

If it does go in it's more for funds to do training, maybe some prop funding but no buildings or anything like that. At the Fed level it's HUD or USDA, probably uphill run to make an Economic Development grant work. Otherwise it's into the private foundation world.
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

This would not apply to portable units I assume?

Comment

If academies are allowed to apply they'll be able to do buildings not mobile props. Departments will still just be locked into mobile props only, that part hasn't changed.
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

If this ever changes I know one training academy that seriously needs an upgrade.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X