X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onebugle
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Without reviewing reports, I think we had 10 extrications last year. 4 of wich involved fatalities.
    Chief,

That info you requested was emailed to you.

Leave a comment:

• volfireman034
    replied
    1500chief

Can you give me some spec or pics on your home made jacks?

Leave a comment:

• 1500chief@sbcglobal.net
    replied
    Without reviewing reports, I think we had 10 extrications last year. 4 of wich involved fatalities.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just curious what everybody thinks. My department has a rescue tool that we purchased about 10 years ago. It was not new, it was a demo unit. We respond to a lot of accident calls. We have a city fire department near that has nicknamed us Truama Township because of all the MVA we have. About a month ago we had two different fatals with in a 9 day period. We did have a blade on the cutter break but it is has been repaired. But we are loosing confidence in it.

My question is this, would we be in the running to replace our rescue tools? We also have homemade Jacks made out of 4X4s that we use for stabilization. Could we get them new?

We run about 350 calls a year with over 200 of them being MVAs.
    Yes, you would be in the running to have the HRT replaced. During 2010 2 HRT grants that I worked on were awarded; 1 had 46 MVA's with 4 extrications and the other had 119 MVA's with 12 extrications.

Yes, you can apply for stabilization struts to replace the homemade ones.

Out of the 200 MVA's how many involved extrications.

Leave a comment:

• 1500chief@sbcglobal.net
    started a topic Rescue tools

Rescue tools

Just curious what everybody thinks. My department has a rescue tool that we purchased about 10 years ago. It was not new, it was a demo unit. We respond to a lot of accident calls. We have a city fire department near that has nicknamed us Truama Township because of all the MVA we have. About a month ago we had two different fatals with in a 9 day period. We did have a blade on the cutter break but it is has been repaired. But we are loosing confidence in it.

My question is this, would we be in the running to replace our rescue tools? We also have homemade Jacks made out of 4X4s that we use for stabilization. Could we get them new?

We run about 350 calls a year with over 200 of them being MVAs.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X