X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have enough hard suction? LOL
    Good looking TANKER. As you can see I am not from California. LOL

Comment

I like that 3 way dump valve chute. Does it extend out past the edge of the truck?

I take it you plan on doing a good bit of drafting with this unit,eh? Or maybe just 2 drop tanks and a hard sleeve in each to supply a scene.

I've always liked that color of blue. I bet nobody else around has a tanker that looks like yours!

Looks like a nice tanker.

Comment

I don't know, looks like more discharges in that one pic, are we sure that's not a 751gpm pump?

I want to know who slept in it already and who is sitting waiting at the station to take it on the maiden voyage...if Blake has even gotten out of it, he's probably been doing all this posting on his phone...
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

2000 gallons and a pump with compartments all on a SRA? who built the truck? surprised you could slam all that weight on a single. auto or manual?

i like it!

Comment

Hey LV
            We have our tanker ordered with Southern also.
            Had to confirm the paint yesterday. We are going to be the only dept around here with a 4 door tanker.
            We should take delivery sometime in October, can't wait.
            We still have to raise the $10,500 match. We are going to do a "boot drive" over the Memorial Day weekend, and a Motorcycle ride June 25.

It is still a good problem to have!
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Nozzle nut 22 View Post
              I like that 3 way dump valve chute. Does it extend out past the edge of the truck?

I take it you plan on doing a good bit of drafting with this unit,eh? Or maybe just 2 drop tanks and a hard sleeve in each to supply a scene.

I've always liked that color of blue. I bet nobody else around has a tanker that looks like yours!

Looks like a nice tanker.
              The dump valve does extend out past the side, making it very nice for dumping water to either side or to the rear.

We live by drafting. With everything storz on the intake, we can hook up fast. A little different learning the pump with mechanical seals however. Prime FIRST, then put into pump gear.

Thanks - the Blue is certainly an eye catcher. One of the benefits, we got a chassis and a brush truck from surplus, that came from the Air Force. All we had to do was paint the roof, and our conservation department agreed that we had changed the color sufficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                I don't know, looks like more discharges in that one pic, are we sure that's not a 751gpm pump?

I want to know who slept in it already and who is sitting waiting at the station to take it on the maiden voyage...if Blake has even gotten out of it, he's probably been doing all this posting on his phone...

I can't tell you who has slept in it, but I can tell you who has... never mind....

It sits in front of my office until it gets totally outfitted. If it just happens that we get our first call for it while it sits here, guess I will just have to man up and drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by shott8283 View Post
                  2000 gallons and a pump with compartments all on a SRA? who built the truck? surprised you could slam all that weight on a single. auto or manual?

i like it!
                  Southern Fire Service and sales out of Jasper GA. Any more weight and we would have needed duals, but that would not fit where this was going to live. Automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                    I can't tell you who has slept in it, but I can tell you who has... never mind....

It sits in front of my office until it gets totally outfitted. If it just happens that we get our first call for it while it sits here, guess I will just have to man up and drive it.
                    Giggidy Giggidy!
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                    www.helpmewithgrants.com
                    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by Flochief View Post
                      Hey LV
                      We have our tanker ordered with Southern also.
                      Had to confirm the paint yesterday. We are going to be the only dept around here with a 4 door tanker.
                      We should take delivery sometime in October, can't wait.
                      We still have to raise the $10,500 match. We are going to do a "boot drive" over the Memorial Day weekend, and a Motorcycle ride June 25.

It is still a good problem to have!
                      Glenn
                      Like with any manufacturer, get EVERYTHING in writing. I saved all my emails, followed up every telephone conversation with an email, covered my bases totally.

It helped. There was confusion between sales, the plant, and myself about the graphics, and I had everything spelled out in the specs, including photos and tear sheets of the graphics on our newest engine.

Another sticking point was LED's. I was very specific that EVERY light bulb on the truck except for the headlights and instrument cluster be LED. When we picked it up, it was not. I was able to show where I specified that, and was assured three times it would be.

It is now.

Other than little things, we had no problems with SFS, no more than we have had with any other manufacturer, or vendor of other high ticket items.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X