fema grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fema grants

do they ask or the age of ur apparuts and do they want to know if they are a open cab or not an if anyone has any other info on what they need to know and what isthe best method of getting them

The application has historically required you to enter your fleet age and fleet inventory. You will receive additional consideration for a true open cab apparatus (not canopy cab/3-sided cab) or if you are attempting to replace a vehicle which was not originally designed for the fire service.

If you let us know what your current fleet consists of (and whether you are a rural/suburban/urban department), we can attempt to guide you in the right direction.

Comment

If you go to the program guidance it will tell you all the information needed to apply.

Yes you have to list all apparatus owned by the department , by type [ engine, arial , tanker rescue, brush ]
      You will have to list the year of manufacture and how long you have owned them.

Other thing such as open cab or canopy cab, whether they were originally designed as fire apparatus or are converted from other use such as milk tankers , whether they came equipped with seat belts or other safety devices all count in the scoring.

ps SLy & I were typing at the same time so same info given.

A fleet average age of 25 years seem to be the minimum needed to get an award in most cases.

There are many more applications for trucks than funding allows for , so you will be scored both by the computer and if lucky enough to make the cut , by a peer review panel who will read your complete application and score the need against other departments of the same type as yours [urban,suburban, rural] .

Odds of being successful in getting an apparatus award used to be about 1 in 25,
      Now with reduced funds available the odds are probably in the range of 1 in 50 applications received. Maybe even higher.

Comment

ok i wil get the info for you

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
        The application has historically required you to enter your fleet age and fleet inventory. You will receive additional consideration for a true open cab apparatus (not canopy cab/3-sided cab) or if you are attempting to replace a vehicle which was not originally designed for the fire service.

If you let us know what your current fleet consists of (and whether you are a rural/suburban/urban department), we can attempt to guide you in the right direction.
        we have a 91 perice arrow open cab a 82 suphan deluge open cab a 2000 kenworth 2man cab and the newest truck is a 2010 kenworth taker 2 man cab we area all the above dept we have 5 stations in he county we are acounrty based dept with st one being in the city of glenville wv witch is my station and it is the main station for te whole county we run on 90% of the calls we also have a truck cmpany at my station we also have a state college in our first do area and a fed prison 2 hotels and varios other stores and oild field services in out first do as well as a pvc pipe outfit.

Comment

Haiving a little trouble decyphering here, wvfire.

You mention 5 stations but only tell us about 4 pieces of apparatus. Pierce did not make true open cab fire apparatus in 1991. You must be referring to an open jump seat or crew area. A true open cab by AFG definition includes no roof.

What is your call volume and how old is the rest of the apparatus?

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
            Haiving a little trouble decyphering here, wvfire.

You mention 5 stations but only tell us about 4 pieces of apparatus. Pierce did not make true open cab fire apparatus in 1991. You must be referring to an open jump seat or crew area. A true open cab by AFG definition includes no roof.

What is your call volume and how old is the rest of the apparatus?
            it is a 91 arrow with open jump seats that is what i was meaninng by open cab the jump seats no doors. those are the trucks we have at my station all the othe trucks are 80s 2 door fmc or lafrances we are the only station with a cab over trcks the 91 arrow and the 82 suphan we also have 00 kenworth 2 door pumper.tanker and st 6 ha a 10 kenworth tanker we have a facebook page look us up at gilmer county vfd and u have a page feel free to add me eric rogucki and i will get more info.

i hve another ? in regards to NFPA some of our guys say w dont have togo by them and WV is not a NFPA state any truth to that

Comment

Originally posted by wvfire140 View Post
              it is a 91 arrow with open jump seats that is what i was meaninng by open cab the jump seats no doors. those are the trucks we have at my station all the othe trucks are 80s 2 door fmc or lafrances we are the only station with a cab over trcks the 91 arrow and the 82 suphan we also have 00 kenworth 2 door pumper.tanker and st 6 ha a 10 kenworth tanker we have a facebook page look us up at gilmer county vfd and u have a page feel free to add me eric rogucki and i will get more info.

i hve another ? in regards to NFPA some of our guys say w dont have togo by them and WV is not a NFPA state any truth to that
              If you are talking in relation to an AFG grant; yes you do. If awarded a grant; the vehicle or equipment must meet applicable NFPA standards.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X