Help with Pager Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Pager Grant

Looking for any information on a pager grant due to the rebanding. Was wonder such as what the cost allowance is and maybe some tips on a successful narrative. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by shaworth1 View Post
    Looking for any information on a pager grant due to the rebanding. Was wonder such as what the cost allowance is and maybe some tips on a successful narrative. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Rebanding should have no impact whatsoever on pagers - and if they did Nextel should be paying the bill.

Comment

They have been allowing $400.00 for pagers.
      You don't need different pager due to narrowbanding

Comment

we were told our minitor 4 will not work with the narrowbanding

Comment

There is a major difference between narrowbanding and rebanding, just so you are aware and not confusing your vendors.

You might experience a slight difference with narrowbanding IV pagers, but not very much at all. You will see more range difference from the act of going narrowband, but you will see that on all your equipment, even narrowband equipment.

Are you changing frequencies? If you are - then there might be a problem hitting the center freq.

Be prepared for a drop in coverage no matter what, unless you add sites, height, etc

Comment

Originally posted by shaworth1 View Post
            we were told our minitor 4 will not work with the narrowbanding
            You probably got that from a salesman trying to sell you all the latest and greatest pagers on the market.

There can be some degradation in signal strength with the older pagers, but that is not going to stop them from working. At distance from the source there may be less reception strength.
            Is it worth trying to get new pagers for the department?
            All depends if that is your greatest need.
            How are the rest of your radio & communications being prepared for the 2013 mandate for narrowbanding?
            This may be the last chance for a total communications project upgrade before the FCC deadline of January 1 2013.

Comment

We have some older radios that we checked and are not compatible for the narrowbanding, we are replacing those now. So according to some the V's are the only pagers that will work after January 1, 2013 - then I read this. How distorted will the IV's be and will III's work too? I personally think the III's were a lot better pager than the V's. Additionally we have a lot of "dead spots" within our district.

Comment

I was approved for $550ea for pagers and $750 for portables, $950 for mobiles.

Regional grant in our county approved @ $500ea for pagers and $789 for handhelds, $5831 for 50w base stations w/antenna and license, $5000 for dual head 100w mobiles w/license. All to include programming equipment.

Both are VHF Narrowband

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa View Post
                  I was approved for $550ea for pagers and $750 for portables, $950 for mobiles.

Regional grant in our county approved @ $500ea for pagers and $789 for handhelds, $5831 for 50w base stations w/antenna and license, $5000 for dual head 100w mobiles w/license. All to include programming equipment.

Both are VHF Narrowband
                  You have some lucky two way radio dealer....

Comment

Not sure what brand you are looking at but I just bought dual head 100 watt mobiles for under 2k a piece. They were Kenwoods. I think they might have just had a price increase on them last month but I bet they are not that much more.

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
                      Not sure what brand you are looking at but I just bought dual head 100 watt mobiles for under 2k a piece. They were Kenwoods. I think they might have just had a price increase on them last month but I bet they are not that much more.
                      That was my thought. 500 for pagers is steep also.

But who knows, it may end up as a great big FP&S fund.

Comment

I purchased dual head 100 watt Tait mobiles with antennas, remote speakers and installation for under $1500.00 ea.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                          Rebanding should have no impact whatsoever on pagers - and if they did Nextel should be paying the bill.
                          so you are saying that when we re-band to 800MhZ, out minitor 2,3,4's will still be able to function or be re-programmed?

Comment

Originally posted by volunteer247 View Post
                            so you are saying that when we re-band to 800MhZ, out minitor 2,3,4's will still be able to function or be re-programmed?

If you are rebanding, ie, being moved on the 800 band from one part to another, due to the Nextel rebanding, then I would be interested in what pagers you are using now. No one makes 800 Mhz voice pagers.

If you are narrowbanding, ie, presently on 150-170 or 450 to 512, and having to change your emissions from wideband to narrowband, staying on or near your present frequencies, then yes, your Minitors will most likely work, with a few technical caveats if you are changing frequency.

If you are upgrading (some may call it downgrading) to 800 MHZ from another frequency band, ie 153 to 800, then unless you maintain a seperate paging system from the 800, your pagers will NOT work. (see note about no one makes 800 Mhz pagers)

Rebanding, narrowbanding, and upgrading are all three different things.

If you are upgrading, what is your purpose in going to 800?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X