• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by greenham View Post
    When does the 2011 grant period open?

I have never written a grant befor my two 2009 submissions, both rejected. I will be looking for some help and try again in 2011.
    The 2011 grant period will probably not open until June. Don't know where you are located at but, if you get a chance to get into one of Brian or my classes, that would probably help you out quite a bit. Hangin out in here will also enlighten you immensely with the wealth of information shared amongst these folks.

Leave a comment:

• greenham
    replied
    When will 2011 open

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    At least there will be no excuses this year on whether to submit the existing application or do a new one. Everyone will know the outcome of their 2010 grant application long before the 2011 period opens up.
    When does the 2011 grant period open?

I have never written a grant befor my two 2009 submissions, both rejected. I will be looking for some help and try again in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Last year at this time everyone was buried deep into getting their applications done. Kind of don't know what to do with myself right now without a stack of applications sitting here ready to be reviewed.Maybe its just the calm before the storm.
    At least there will be no excuses this year on whether to submit the existing application or do a new one. Everyone will know the outcome of their 2010 grant application long before the 2011 period opens up.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Last year at this time everyone was buried deep into getting their applications done. Kind of don't know what to do with myself right now without a stack of applications sitting here ready to be reviewed.Maybe its just the calm before the storm.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Good Lord, everybody must be holding their breath and waiting for the "other shoe" to drop from DHS on rejection notices. I don't think I have ever see it this slow on this forum.
    Still cleaning up after the last snowstorm on April 1st
    You sure you weren't in the neighborhood Kurt.

I figure that the DJ will arrive any day now.

Leave a comment:

• CCCFire09
    replied
    Good Lord, everybody must be holding their breath and waiting for the "other shoe" to drop from DHS on rejection notices. I don't think I have ever see it this slow on this forum.
    Not gonna lie- i want it to happen so that my stress level will go down.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blazing212
    replied
    Been rejected a few times for this and that and i still dont like it! With the cuts in funding every year lucky to get one again. Its a tough pill to swallow when you here of departments getting trucks every year and some departments getting million dollar awards. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• penman
    replied
    Originally posted by volfireman034 View Post
    Well I guess I need to prepare my self for my first DJ letter. I hear the first one is always the hardest to except lol
    Nah, they all hurt. Knowing that your firefighters will continue to work with subpar equipment and with all the cutbacks there's little the towns can do.
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• jam24u
    replied
    Frankly,
    I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to spread out the rounds even more.

BTW, is the 2009 SAFER all through? Anymore awardees returning their awards after realizing they are not going to be able to meet the requirements? Just curious as I hardly followed SAFER.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    So that's what I heard and I thought it was the moose mating call.
    That or the neighbors cat is in heat again, Kinda sounds like an old "Q" that won't get spinning.

Leave a comment:

• volfireman034
    replied
    Well I guess I need to prepare my self for my first DJ letter. I hear the first one is always the hardest to except lol

Leave a comment:

• Blazing212
    replied
    I'm thinking i really better start working on my next grant since i havent heard either way

Leave a comment:

• 2009steve009steve
    replied
    Now I am really getting nervous. Have all the congrats letters gone out for next weeks grants?

Leave a comment:

• EMT6126
    replied
    Nope, it was me screaming "THANK YOU GOD".LOL
    Prob. sounded like a moose
    Last edited by EMT6126; 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X