Rejection Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Good Lord, everybody must be holding their breath and waiting for the "other shoe" to drop from DHS on rejection notices. I don't think I have ever see it this slow on this forum.
    Still cleaning up after the last snowstorm on April 1st
    You sure you weren't in the neighborhood Kurt.

I figure that the DJ will arrive any day now.

Comment

Last year at this time everyone was buried deep into getting their applications done. Kind of don't know what to do with myself right now without a stack of applications sitting here ready to be reviewed.Maybe its just the calm before the storm.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
        Last year at this time everyone was buried deep into getting their applications done. Kind of don't know what to do with myself right now without a stack of applications sitting here ready to be reviewed.Maybe its just the calm before the storm.
        At least there will be no excuses this year on whether to submit the existing application or do a new one. Everyone will know the outcome of their 2010 grant application long before the 2011 period opens up.

Comment

When will 2011 open

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
          At least there will be no excuses this year on whether to submit the existing application or do a new one. Everyone will know the outcome of their 2010 grant application long before the 2011 period opens up.
          When does the 2011 grant period open?

I have never written a grant befor my two 2009 submissions, both rejected. I will be looking for some help and try again in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by greenham View Post

I have never written a grant befor my two 2009 submissions, both rejected. I will be looking for some help and try again in 2011.
            The 2011 grant period will probably not open until June. Don't know where you are located at but, if you get a chance to get into one of Brian or my classes, that would probably help you out quite a bit. Hangin out in here will also enlighten you immensely with the wealth of information shared amongst these folks.
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

question

Kurt;

Need a quick piece of advice based on your experience administering these grants. Any chance you have a number where I can call to pick your brain for a minute or two?

Thanks
              Joe Fireman

Comment

Originally posted by ffcopemt View Post
                kurt;

need a quick piece of advice based on your experience administering these grants. Any chance you have a number where i can call to pick your brain for a minute or two?

Thanks
                863-551-9598
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by greenham View Post

When you hear other here say, take a grant writing class, we are not doing it to promote a grant writer. We say it because that seems to be the one constant with grants getting awarded. Then get your department to send you to continuous training every year.

I'm still fuming over this.....grrr!

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
                    When you hear other here say, take a grant writing class, we are not doing it to promote a grant writer. We say it because that seems to be the one constant with grants getting awarded. Then get your department to send you to continuous training every year.

I'm still fuming over this.....grrr!
                    Go to the waiting room and buy a round and have yourself a double.

Comment

Hey Kurt,

Still haven't heard anyhting. Recieved my 1199a update and 10 questions about 2 months ago. What are your thoughts, grant or DJ? Thanks for any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2009steve009steve View Post
                        Hey Kurt,

Still haven't heard anyhting. Recieved my 1199a update and 10 questions about 2 months ago. What are your thoughts, grant or DJ? Thanks for any thoughts.
                        Round 19 will be announced on Friday. Maybe that will be the day for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2009steve009steve View Post
                          Hey Kurt,

Your probably still going to get funded. Keep your fingers crossed.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Did anyone start a pool as to when they thought the final DJ notices would be released yet?
                            Kurt Bradley

Comment

April 15th

DJ's??? I guess I'll get it started Kurt. 4-15-11
                              Shouldn't you be busy writing instead of fooling around here all day. Don't make me call your boss!

Comment

Originally posted by lfdmichael View Post
                                DJ's??? I guess I'll get it started Kurt. 4-15-11
                                Shouldn't you be busy writing instead of fooling around here all day. Don't make me call your boss!
                                I'll take Friday 4/8/11. Oh, and BTW my day starts at 0400hrs,I think best and write best when the phone is not ringing in my ear all day. LOL!
                                Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse