New Guy Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    This is a typo right? Or the board is upset it cost less?

First off let me say that I am new at this...

No they were upset that the total cost of generator and installation was about 33,000 way more than the award of 25000. In the end it worked out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCoFire View Post
      First off let me say that I am new at this...

No they were upset that the total cost of generator and installation was about 33,000 way more than the award of 25000. In the end it worked out fine.
      No one said I could read....... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
        No one said I could read....... Thanks
        Good news is that we now have the generator installed and all of the electrical work complete. The vendor came up and started the Generator on Tuesday and provided training to the department, included in the project scope. About 9 members showed up, some community members and some members of the highway department. A good showing for the middle of the day in a rural area (Volunteer). When I bid the generator I included 5 years of a comprehensive maintenance program. I know a generator is not a big deal for many departments but this is big for us. Prior to this..... well you do the math. -NoCoFire
        Last edited by NoCoFire; 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: my proof reading skills are poor

Comment

I might be wrong on this but I thought you could not include extended warranty on a grant item. I know you can put in for extra maintenance.

Comment

Thanks for all of the help everyone. We contacted FEMA and they told us to submit an amendment. That will have to get approved, and we will be good to go. The city still has to come up with a little bit more cash. I go Monday to ask for it. I have a good feeling that they will go for it. We shall see. Thanks again. Hope this helps someone else

Comment

What would you be amending?

Comment

We wrote the grant with 4 projects. 2 projects (Generator and Exhaust System came back lower than what was budgeted, 2 ( Fire Spriklers for 2 Stations) came back higher than budgeted. We asked to move excess funds from the first 2 projects to the Fire Sprinklers to help complete all of these projects.

FEMA did grant us our Amendment Request.

Comment

So you're still completing all the projects you requested, correct?

Comment

Yes we are still completing all of our projects.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X