Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    They were in Tech Review not long after Peer in early Feb so that's about right by normal timelines. FP doesn't take as long because there aren't as many apps.

Leave a comment:

• trev9901
    replied
    They did talk about this, they were thinking about mid April we might see 1199's start showing up.

Leave a comment:

• chief14oc
    replied
    Did anyone ask about that status of the 2010 FP program?

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Sounds to me just like it was before when I put that first article out there in 2005. After I wrote it a few higher ups said it was right on, and that was just from nerd-work I did. Now they share some stuff with us. Always been teaching that low computer scores can be rescued by solid narratives, that's how msot of our NE, MO, KS, and IA departments picked up PPE or SCBA last year and then got CDJs this year on the other one this year. 1/3rd cut in money left 1/3 of those peer reviewed last year back out of the mix since fewer apps got into review because of the 200% rule. Still going to have to be tight this year even with Peer being able to pull parts of an app out of an award, since that's only from those that make it past the computer. Still will only be reviewing 200% worth of the available funding so don't anyone take this as a license to make a shopping list.
    Gotta agree with that. Its still the same ballgame but, the competition is a whole lot tighter.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Sounds to me just like it was before when I put that first article out there in 2005. After I wrote it a few higher ups said it was right on, and that was just from nerd-work I did. Now they share some stuff with us. Always been teaching that low computer scores can be rescued by solid narratives, that's how msot of our NE, MO, KS, and IA departments picked up PPE or SCBA last year and then got CDJs this year on the other one this year. 1/3rd cut in money left 1/3 of those peer reviewed last year back out of the mix since fewer apps got into review because of the 200% rule. Still going to have to be tight this year even with Peer being able to pull parts of an app out of an award, since that's only from those that make it past the computer. Still will only be reviewing 200% worth of the available funding so don't anyone take this as a license to make a shopping list.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    Makes sense, but the unfortunate thing is that was what we were all figuring was happening to begin with.
    I guess we will see if it makes nay difference or not. I think it might be helpful in terms of the smaller guys who are weak on call volume or population but hat is only if they adjust the algorithm to allow a weaker all volume or population. Since they said there woudl be a question this year about transient or seasonal population that might influence the computer score some also.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    The way I took it was some apps score high on computer but score lower in peer throwing them out and vice versa. I guess in theory if you had a lower computer score and did a good job with the narrative you could balance the scales again or if you had a high score but didn't do so hot on narrative, it would serve to level that playing field a little more.
    Makes sense, but the unfortunate thing is that was what we were all figuring was happening to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    Just reinforces what we have been preaching all along a bullet proof narrative that follows the PG format and requirements.

Kurt, what was their reasoning to change to a 50-50 split on the grading?
    The way I took it was some apps score high on computer but score lower in peer throwing them out and vice versa. I guess in theory if you had a lower computer score and did a good job with the narrative you could balance the scales again or if you had a high score but didn't do so hot on narrative, it would serve to level that playing field a little more.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCFire09 View Post
    oregon??????
    Have Brian, will travel. Email me for info and we'll make a run of it. [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Nope, apparenlty if you made it past computer the grant started from scratch in terms of scoring and the score was totally based on peer panel score.
    Just reinforces what we have been preaching all along a bullet proof narrative that follows the PG format and requirements.

Kurt, what was their reasoning to change to a 50-50 split on the grading?

Leave a comment:

• CCCFire09
    replied
    Originally posted by bc79er View Post
    thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late may/early june? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe i'll make it back to elite status on continentel. Or united. Or whoever they are now...
    oregon??????

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late May/early June? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe I'll make it back to Elite status on Continentel. Or United. Or whoever they are now...
    Nope, apparenlty if you made it past computer the grant started from scratch in terms of scoring and the score was totally based on peer panel score.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late May/early June? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe I'll make it back to Elite status on Continentel. Or United. Or whoever they are now...

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Those of us stuck at work are counting on you FDIC attendees to fill us in on the AFG sessions!
    In a nutshell:
    • Catherine Patterson has been named as the new branch chief for AFG
    • After 2010, there will no longer be any "10q's". If a reduction is sought, you will receive an email so that you can "push back" if needed
    • 50% of your score will no be from the computer score combined with the peer panel score for your total score
    • Start date for 2011 AFG application period will be no sooner than late May but more than likely in June
    • Application changes will be along the lines of having seperate sections for each of the usual 4 narrative section areas. Same content as before required only how you actually input it online will change. 4K charcaters per section with additional 3K characters available if needed.
    • You will be able to be given credit this year, in a seperate question, regarding transient or seasonal type population fluctuations ( you had better be able to back up your figures with a reliable source of data used, no guessing)
    • Ambulances are moving to Priority 1 on scoring matrix regradless of department classification type.

Well there you have it folks. One more thing as of April 1, AFG website is changing and will now be listed under FEMA website. A redirect will be in place for awhile till you get the new site bookmarked.

Hey it is a great show here this year but, OMG my feet and legs are killing me!I have date with "JD" tonight and a microphone! CYA later!

Leave a comment:

• Not2L84U2
    replied
    A little late but I made it!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader