2011 fdic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late May/early June? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe I'll make it back to Elite status on Continentel. Or United. Or whoever they are now...
    Nope, apparenlty if you made it past computer the grant started from scratch in terms of scoring and the score was totally based on peer panel score.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by bc79er View Post
      thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late may/early june? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe i'll make it back to elite status on continentel. Or united. Or whoever they are now...
      oregon??????

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
        Nope, apparenlty if you made it past computer the grant started from scratch in terms of scoring and the score was totally based on peer panel score.
        Just reinforces what we have been preaching all along a bullet proof narrative that follows the PG format and requirements.

Kurt, what was their reasoning to change to a 50-50 split on the grading?

Comment

Originally posted by CCCFire09 View Post
          oregon??????
          Have Brian, will travel. Email me for info and we'll make a run of it. [email protected]
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
            Just reinforces what we have been preaching all along a bullet proof narrative that follows the PG format and requirements.

Kurt, what was their reasoning to change to a 50-50 split on the grading?
            The way I took it was some apps score high on computer but score lower in peer throwing them out and vice versa. I guess in theory if you had a lower computer score and did a good job with the narrative you could balance the scales again or if you had a high score but didn't do so hot on narrative, it would serve to level that playing field a little more.
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
              The way I took it was some apps score high on computer but score lower in peer throwing them out and vice versa. I guess in theory if you had a lower computer score and did a good job with the narrative you could balance the scales again or if you had a high score but didn't do so hot on narrative, it would serve to level that playing field a little more.
              Makes sense, but the unfortunate thing is that was what we were all figuring was happening to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
                Makes sense, but the unfortunate thing is that was what we were all figuring was happening to begin with.
                I guess we will see if it makes nay difference or not. I think it might be helpful in terms of the smaller guys who are weak on call volume or population but hat is only if they adjust the algorithm to allow a weaker all volume or population. Since they said there woudl be a question this year about transient or seasonal population that might influence the computer score some also.
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

Sounds to me just like it was before when I put that first article out there in 2005. After I wrote it a few higher ups said it was right on, and that was just from nerd-work I did. Now they share some stuff with us. Always been teaching that low computer scores can be rescued by solid narratives, that's how msot of our NE, MO, KS, and IA departments picked up PPE or SCBA last year and then got CDJs this year on the other one this year. 1/3rd cut in money left 1/3 of those peer reviewed last year back out of the mix since fewer apps got into review because of the 200% rule. Still going to have to be tight this year even with Peer being able to pull parts of an app out of an award, since that's only from those that make it past the computer. Still will only be reviewing 200% worth of the available funding so don't anyone take this as a license to make a shopping list.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                    Sounds to me just like it was before when I put that first article out there in 2005. After I wrote it a few higher ups said it was right on, and that was just from nerd-work I did. Now they share some stuff with us. Always been teaching that low computer scores can be rescued by solid narratives, that's how msot of our NE, MO, KS, and IA departments picked up PPE or SCBA last year and then got CDJs this year on the other one this year. 1/3rd cut in money left 1/3 of those peer reviewed last year back out of the mix since fewer apps got into review because of the 200% rule. Still going to have to be tight this year even with Peer being able to pull parts of an app out of an award, since that's only from those that make it past the computer. Still will only be reviewing 200% worth of the available funding so don't anyone take this as a license to make a shopping list.
                    Gotta agree with that. Its still the same ballgame but, the competition is a whole lot tighter.
                    Kurt Bradley

Comment

Did anyone ask about that status of the 2010 FP program?

Comment

They did talk about this, they were thinking about mid April we might see 1199's start showing up.

Comment

They were in Tech Review not long after Peer in early Feb so that's about right by normal timelines. FP doesn't take as long because there aren't as many apps.
                          Brian P. Vickers
                          www.helpmewithgrants.com
                          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse