2011 fdic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 fdic

Anyone in here going to be at this year's FDIC? This is a great opportunity to establish contacts and do a little evening "networking." I'll be over there on Friday and staying until Saturday. Look forward to seeing some of you!!

Take pictures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
      Take pictures!!!
      Brother Sly, pictures are the arch nemesis of a married man....but I'll do my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
        Anyone in here going to be at this year's FDIC? This is a great opportunity to establish contacts and do a little evening "networking." I'll be over there on Friday and staying until Saturday. Look forward to seeing some of you!!
        CYA there Ryan, already here.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Hey Kurt, Got the email about the class cancelation in AL. Sure hate that, I was looking forward to it but I do understand why. Going to see if we can get enough to commit to having a class here in our county. If I do we will be giving you a call later on.
          Have a good day.
          dfd701

Comment

I think Sly sent the picture bar pretty high, you might need more than 2 days to top that...
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
              CYA there Ryan, already here.
              Kurt, I think I've seen more of you in the past two months than I have some of my extended family. Not a bad thing though

Brian, I'm not certain I'm even worthy enough to walk in the shadows cast by the one and only SLY...I'll do my best though LoL

Comment

All you can do is try my brother. And I'm not worried about Sly's shadow, I just want to at least be the one holding the camera next time...
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Anyone going to the AFG classroom session at 0830 tomorrow at the Lucas Oil Stadium?

Comment

I'm going to try to make it but not sure I'll make it in time. What time does registration open and is it in Lucas Oil this year or is it still in Convention Center?

Comment

They have an 0830 classroom session at Lucas Oil and then there is a 1230 "Town Hall AFG Meeting" which I believe is at the convention center.

Comment

Those of us stuck at work are counting on you FDIC attendees to fill us in on the AFG sessions!

Comment

A little late but I made it!

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
                            Those of us stuck at work are counting on you FDIC attendees to fill us in on the AFG sessions!
                            In a nutshell:
                            • Catherine Patterson has been named as the new branch chief for AFG
                            • After 2010, there will no longer be any "10q's". If a reduction is sought, you will receive an email so that you can "push back" if needed
                            • 50% of your score will no be from the computer score combined with the peer panel score for your total score
                            • Start date for 2011 AFG application period will be no sooner than late May but more than likely in June
                            • Application changes will be along the lines of having seperate sections for each of the usual 4 narrative section areas. Same content as before required only how you actually input it online will change. 4K charcaters per section with additional 3K characters available if needed.
                            • You will be able to be given credit this year, in a seperate question, regarding transient or seasonal type population fluctuations ( you had better be able to back up your figures with a reliable source of data used, no guessing)
                            • Ambulances are moving to Priority 1 on scoring matrix regradless of department classification type.

Well there you have it folks. One more thing as of April 1, AFG website is changing and will now be listed under FEMA website. A redirect will be in place for awhile till you get the new site bookmarked.

Hey it is a great show here this year but, OMG my feet and legs are killing me!I have date with "JD" tonight and a microphone! CYA later!
                            Kurt Bradley
                            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Thought scoring was always 50-50 on computer and peer?

Late May/early June? Looks like workshop travel season is extending...maybe I'll make it back to Elite status on Continentel. Or United. Or whoever they are now...
                              Brian P. Vickers
                              www.helpmewithgrants.com
                              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse