Tanker Specification Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanker Specification Question

I know I've seen that a Tanker with a pump greater than 750 GPM is considered a Pumper/Tanker. So is the limit of 749 GPM and less or 750 GPM or less to be a tanker? If anyone know where I can find the explaination, I would like to know.

From the Program Guidance:

the “pumper” category includes: pumpers, engines, pumper/tankers (apparatus that carries a minimum of 300 gallons of water and has a pump with a capacity to pump a minimum of 750 gallons per minute), rescue-pumpers, quints (with aerials less than 76 feet in length), and urban interface vehicles (Type I). Apparatus that has water capacity in excess of 1,000 gallons and a pump with pumping capacity of less than 750 gallons per minute are considered to be a tanker/tender.

Comment

You will find that quote on page 14 of the PG.

Comment

Since they know it's a stupid line to draw and no one makes a 749gpm truck it's OK to get tankers with 750gpm. After all, not like anyone wouldn't put a 750gpm in and then just mark the rating as 749gpm to make it look kosher on the boilerplate. 750gpm goes both ways, just don't ask, don't tell....
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse