Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Succesful Ambulance Grant

Heard,
    that ambulance will be the first priority this year to fire department. Does anyone have a narrative for and ambulance?

or life-pak 15?

i have a few narrative that where funded.

Ive got a narritive that i wrote for monitors that went in first round last year. whats your email and ill send it to you
    If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasEng422Tanker View Post
      Heard,
      that ambulance will be the first priority this year to fire department. Does anyone have a narrative for and ambulance?

or life-pak 15?

i have a few narrative that where funded.
      Priority for which level? rural, surburban or urban?

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
        Priority for which level? rural, surburban or urban?
        All 3.

Comment

Of course!

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
          All 3.
          Naturally, they make ambulances a priority right after we order one.

EMT6126, may I please have a copy of your narrative for the LP15? I think I'm getting my DJ next week. I can trade narratives for exhaust removal systems, RIT equipment or thermal imagers. E-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

Phil Goldsmith
          Pikesville VFC
          Pikesville, MD

Comment

Originally posted by pgoldsmith View Post
            Naturally, they make ambulances a priority right after we order one.
            So if you were able to order one, why would you need a grant?

Don't think your fleet would even get you to peer. New rescue looks nice

Comment

i sent it to you. hope it helps
              If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

Buses are up to Priority 1, don't think they took the top spot away from pumper. Point was to get them up to P1 so those that are in need at least had a chance to have the argument read. Of course IMHO, if you need a box more than a pumper, means you could afford the $400k buggy and not the $100k?
                Brian P. Vickers
                CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

i guess the ambulance builders raised enough heck to get on the main line to get a bigger piece of the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
                    So if you were able to order one, why would you need a grant?

Don't think your fleet would even get you to peer. New rescue looks nice
                    We HAD to order one. We've had the engine and tranny rebuilt and it's STILL leaking oil. We're in a 20 year old county reserve unit as much as we're in our own unit. It's 8 years old, runs 1800 calls/year and has 120,000 miles on it. It's a money pit and drives our engineer nuts. And when it runs, it adds about $150k/year to the bottom line.

Sly, I appreciate your research efforts. I agree that our fleet age would be a huge issue and probably earn us a computer DJ. You oughta see the loan payments on that nice new rescue, though. And we'll be in another loan for the ambo. We're carrying debt on every major piece in the house and have 23 more years on the mortgage for the addition in 2003. In the unlikely event that I would make it past the computer, I don't think I would have much trouble selling it to a peer reviewer.

Phil
                    Last edited by pgoldsmith; 03-25-2011, 12:34 AM. Reason: Forgot a fact

Comment

thanks my email is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
                        i guess the ambulance builders raised enough heck to get on the main line to get a bigger piece of the pie.
                        I think the justification is more along the lines of it being a "revenue vehicle" to offset some lost tax base revenue.
                        Kurt Bradley
                        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

If you're netting $150k/yr running an ambulance maybe spend the ambulance income on a new ambulance? I'm pretty sure using operating funds to replace wornout capital equipment is part of running a business.

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa View Post
                            If you're netting $150k/yr running an ambulance maybe spend the ambulance income on a new ambulance? I'm pretty sure using operating funds to replace wornout capital equipment is part of running a business.
                            NE, I mis-spoke. That's gross revenue. We end up about $15K in the hole running the ambo by the time it's all said and done. It's still the busiest piece in the house by far. Runs as much as the engine, tower and rescue combined.

At any rate, it's a moot point. We already ordered it and we should see it in the fall.

Phil G.

Comment

That's about par for the course, 80% of fire department runs are EMS nationally. What I find ironic is that the same people (feds) that say EMS should be self-sufficient are the same entity that have the worst pay record of all (MediCare/Medicaid).

Now still a leg up on the fire side of operations where fire can't bill for anything, but that's why when times are tough we should aim to minimize costs. A good idea at all times, but more important when things are going against spending more money and tax income isn't likely to increase any time soon.
                              Brian P. Vickers
                              CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                              FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                              www.helpmewithgrants.com
                              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse