You mean like I mentioned in Post #2?
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

never mind..
      Last edited by MedicDVG; 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntPA View Post
        Yes we are liscensed, and $10,000 will help, especially after getting the news about our chances of AFG funding.

Since I started the thread, I might as well continue on similar lines:

Seeing as the rescue is a futile expense of energy, would we be better off going for a refurb grant for a chassis under our '85 brush truck, or should we go for the whole thing? Seeing as how we are only 3 years removed from getting $15,000 for the bed on the brush truck, would we be precluded from replacing the entire vehicle? One thought on this being that we could modify our current design so that the "brush" unit would also carry our extrication tools, cribbing, and other stuff. This would make it into our defacto rescue and we could then replace our current rescue unit with an SUV for purely medical purposes. This would greatly reduce our expense on replacing the current rescue both now and in the future.

Thoughts?

And again, I would like to thank you all for the help in getting this figured out.
        A little confused here.{but thats normal}
        Did you get a 15k grant from AFg for the bed on the brush truck 3 years ago?
        If so then that would lower your score in the overall picture unless you can reuse it on a new chassis. Reviewers would wonder why you spent 15 k on the bed to only get three more years life out of the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
          A little confused here.{but thats normal}
          Did you get a 15k grant from AFg for the bed on the brush truck 3 years ago?
          If so then that would lower your score in the overall picture unless you can reuse it on a new chassis. Reviewers would wonder why you spent 15 k on the bed to only get three more years life out of the vehicle.
          That is why I thought it may be better to go for just the chassis as the bed is obviously still good. My chief brought up the fact that the bed was put on and outfitted to meet NFPA for the year of the truck ('85) and that their may be issues with NFPA compliance if we update the chassis without also upgrading the equipment.

Comment

Going to have more of an issue on answering why if it's only 3 years old was it only built to meet the 1985 version of NFPA 1906? After all, newer version of that was in place in 2008 so it begs the question since all refurbs have to meet the current NFPA version at the time of the refurb, why was NFPA violated then? Probably better to not get into those minute details and just worry about why the chassis needs replacing since you managed to make a step forward with the rest on your own.
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by HuntPA View Post
              That is why I thought it may be better to go for just the chassis as the bed is obviously still good. My chief brought up the fact that the bed was put on and outfitted to meet NFPA for the year of the truck ('85) and that their may be issues with NFPA compliance if we update the chassis without also upgrading the equipment.
              OUCH !
              I don't know if I would even go down that road with the govt. Could bring about more problems that are best left in the back of the engine bay if you get my drift.

On a different thought. Have you looked into a chassis thats coming in off lease.
              I bought a 3 year old one ton 15 passenger ford van last spring with 26 k on the clock for under 21k.
              New price for one was over 40 k loaded.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X