X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour grapes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...9_CUTLIN668045

Someones not happy in Oklahoma.....

I wonder how many grant writing classes they've attended, and if they are not getting past the computer scoring then maybe their budget or call volume is not cutting it.
    There are thousands of departments every year that apply and get the dear john letter. Some have been more successful than others, but generally their needs were greater than others.

Yup definatly sour grapes for someone !

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
      I wonder how many grant writing classes they've attended, and if they are not getting past the computer scoring then maybe their budget or call volume is not cutting it.
      There are thousands of departments every year that apply and get the dear john letter. Some have been more successful than others, but generally their needs were greater than others.

Yup definatly sour grapes for someone !
      It would be interesting to take a look at their application, call volumes, and vehicle inventory.

Comment

Some of the comments after the article sound like some of you wrote them.

Comment

Originally posted by jfire26 View Post
          It would be interesting to take a look at their application, call volumes, and vehicle inventory.
          Not only those items, but what they were applying for in regard to program eligibilty, age of current inventory, etc.

Comment

When you run EMS transport you get to bill, hence a funding advantage over those that don't. One of the many misconceptions, just because run count is up doesn't mean financial need, especially when each call means money in. In most cases, we all know Medicare/aid are the worst at paying EMS transport fees...but point being having the ability to bill puts the potential for more money there, something non-transport doesn't have.
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Well,

It would be interesting to see their application. By the looks of their equipment, duty uniforms, station, etc; it looks like they are not destitute.

Factors such as their financial assests could easily be a factor as well. If they reveal a certain amount of substantial financial support and that it looks like they could self finance their requested needs. Maybe they don't have anyone to blame but themselves.

But heck, i am just responding to be a busybody and don't know squat.

Comment

Funny but I have been in Tulsa, OK City OK doing about 4 classes over the last several years and I have not seen anyone from their department in one of my classes; how about you bc79er?
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Nope not here.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

The most disturbing part of this artice is that fema had no record in their computer of a department that recieved over 1 million dollars from them. Most likely because they were never reviewed they were just pushed through.

Comment

No, most likely because of a miswording on the department name in the FOIA request.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa6050 View Post
                        The most disturbing part of this artice is that fema had no record in their computer of a department that recieved over 1 million dollars from them. Most likely because they were never reviewed they were just pushed through.
                        Wow : you sure are full of conspiracy theories my friend.
                        Trust me the federal government has lot of info on everything including you!

Comment

I certainly understand the frustration they must be feeling. I,too, went a few years without a smell. That made me eligible for the "Mentoring " program. Made all the difference in the world. With the help and guidance of a mentor, our small rural department received $146,000 for equipment AND $183,000 for a tanker (in the same year). Our annual budget is around $15,000 for equipment and maintenance so you can imagine what these grants have done for our moral and taxpayer relief.

Comment

That's why I used to have so much fun when I worked at The Shack in college. Those privacy people would yell at me and I'd have fun telling them that we never sell mailing lists. Look at the products we carry, everyone is our competitor so why would we tell them you're here? The state sells drivers license registration information every day, as do car dealers and magazine subscriptions.

Most people left with a scared look, they never realized the state would/could sell personal information. Duh, it's all public domain knowledge, just like what happens after you buy a house. Humans are funny animals.
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.helpmewithgrants.com
                            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Has anybody got turndown letters from SAFER this year?
                              If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X