help stop budget cuts to grant programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help stop budget cuts to grant programs

With all the talk of budget reductions, doing away with SAFER and cutting the AFG budget now is the time to act. Here is a link to a cool tool from National Volunteer Fire Council to contact all of your federal reps. by just putting in your name and address. The letter to them concerning funding is already written, all you have to do is put in your info then submit. Took me about 30 seconds. If you haven't already, please utilize this tool and pass on to all of your dept. members to do the same.

http://capwiz.com/nvfc/utr/2/?a=28309501&i=107112653&c=

Did this in no time flat. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Oh OOH!

LOL. opposite side of the fence. well at least when it comes to all the fluff grants.

Comment

Done! Keep it moving
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Sent an email off to my senetors and congresswoman yesterday, not identical to this one but I summed up the same info about AFG & SAFER.

Comment

Flat funding is probably not a possbility. Flat funding with an even AFG-SAFER spilt would be better than what we have now, but this strikes me as an unrealistic position for the NVFC to take.

It looks like there is support for AFG, and not for SAFER. Personally, I think that is about right. If there are to be cuts (and I think there will be) they should be cuts to SAFER.

Comment

AFG & SAFER Amendment

Looks like the House wants to restore levels back to 2010 for this year and do away with the cuts.

http://firechief.com/briefs/fire-saf...217/?cid=nl_cp

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X