AFG Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFG Grant

Hello all, Here is my question... My department is currently starting the process in purchasing a new light rescue possibly a mini pumper for our initial response unit on PI accidents and our in house medicals. I am looking at trying to apply for a grant to aid in off setting the cost of this truck, have I missed the deadline for applying for the AFG grant? And does anyone have any pointers in doing so? Thanks

Originally posted by Boecker View Post
    Hello all, Here is my question... My department is currently starting the process in purchasing a new light rescue possibly a mini pumper for our initial response unit on PI accidents and our in house medicals. I am looking at trying to apply for a grant to aid in off setting the cost of this truck, have I missed the deadline for applying for the AFG grant? And does anyone have any pointers in doing so? Thanks
    Be sure to read the Program Guidance for AFG. In the PG there is a section on Vehicles, and in that section you will find the Vehicle Matrix. If you look, rescue style apparatus are not in the Priority 1 box, and it goes on to state that it is highly unlikely anything outside of the Priority 1 Vehicles will be funded.

This doesn't mean give up looking for funding, but does mean its time to start looking for funding alternative other than AFG. Give someone like Kurt a call and let him help point you in the right direction.

Comment

Plan to configure unit so it sprays water if you want to be grant competitive. Other FD duties as you see fit.

Next grant cycle expected in Mar/Apr time frame. So no time like the present to get cracking on you plan.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X