AFG Statistics as of Round 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFG Statistics as of Round 10

Congrats to all of the winners this week.

Appropriation for 2010:

Total: $339,400,000
    OPS: $241,900,000
    VEH: $97,500,000

Awards Round 10:

OPS: 340 awards......$32,502,166
    VEH: 35 awards......$8,090,936

Total Awards To Date:

1600 awards: $163,828,854

Breakdown:

OPS: 1351 awards......$108,865,300
    VEH: 249 awards.......$54,963,554

Funds Remaining:

OPS: $132,034,700 (55%)
    VEH: $42,536,446 (44%)

Average Award:

OPS: $80,581
    VEH: $220,737

Estimated Awards Remaining:

OPS: 1639
    VEH: 193

Average Awards/Round:

Estimated Rounds Remaining:

Looks like halfway done, still crossing my fingers we hear something either way.

Comment

Well,
      The prediction of a larger round was right.
      I got my application awarded this round.
      Never awarded this late before.
      Waiting sucks.

Comment

Round 10 is "late?"

You're a lucky one!

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
          Well,
          The prediction of a larger round was right.
          I got my application awarded this round.
          Never awarded this late before.
          Waiting sucks.
          now you're just bragging Jim!
          I don't care if it's first round or last . Just as long as the awards keep coming in.
          Still sitting at the waiting bar for a sign. :-}

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
            now you're just bragging Jim!
            I don't care if it's first round or last . Just as long as the awards keep coming in.
            Still sitting at the waiting bar for a sign. :-}
            I'm with you and Sly . I don't care where I finsih inthe race as long as I finish the race! Who cares which round, as long as your name is in a round and you open up a "congratulatory" email vs a DJ.!
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
              I'm with you and Sly . I don't care where I finsih inthe race as long as I finish the race! Who cares which round, as long as your name is in a round and you open up a "congratulatory" email vs a DJ.!
              Agreed. Doesn't matter what round the award comes as long as it comes. I have recieved awards in the first round and in the very late rounds. I'm still patiently waiting for any signs on ours, but I would rather be in Jim's and Sly's shoes and have it already.

Comment

I was looking through GSA pricing today and was curious if anyone has done both GSA pricing requests and competative bids in the past? If so, which one came in low? Also, of the trucks listed on GSA, are they bare bones, or do they typically include trays, etc. I was going to contact a few vendors tomorrow to get more information. Just curious and thanks for anyone's response in advance.

Comment

I can't go to Nashville. Of course I am going to brag. Because I am actually crying inside.

(kinda sounds like an opera)

Comment

Originally posted by mcfdrichey25 View Post
                    I was looking through GSA pricing today and was curious if anyone has done both GSA pricing requests and competative bids in the past? If so, which one came in low? Also, of the trucks listed on GSA, are they bare bones, or do they typically include trays, etc. I was going to contact a few vendors tomorrow to get more information. Just curious and thanks for anyone's response in advance.
                    It depends on the vendor, some are bare bones to keep the price low and make it look like a deal, others have the most common options on them. HGAC is another pre-bid system run by the Houston-Galveston Area Council of Governments. With the exception of those in Florida and Louisiana anyone can buy off of HGAC, those two states have their own virtually identical systems that vendors put the same stuff on as HGAC. You can option out anything on HGAC up to 25% more than the listed cost without violating the bid clause, anything over that and you have to go to bid with your request. That's also why many put a bunch of options on the trucks they list, so there's money to play with on options added as well as being able to take some stuff off to be replaced and not take up any of that 25%.

http://www.hgacbuy.org/ is their site. Free to get a login and then you can peruse the listings.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
                    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
                    www.helpmewithgrants.com
                    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

BC79er, I looked through both the HGAC and the GSA sites yesterday attempting to compare listings, obviously without knowing exactly what is on the truck I cannot make a true comparison; however, just by going by the listings I found that GSA had better pricing on the same apparatus listed on HGAC. I guess I'll just have to request specs from both bidding opportunities and compare. When I get results I will post here.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X