Lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CVFD-14 View Post
    Just wanted to clarify. I have been a part of our dept now for about 4 yrs. I come from a traditional career, my dad not me, dept family. The dept I am on has been neglected due to the "well that's the way we've always done it" mentality. Fortunately we now are a different make-up of guys. So we are starting from the 1980's and trying to play catch-up. I appreciate all insights you guys have given, just wanted to clarify and make sure no one thought I was discounting their input.
    CVFD, In 2003 when we started applying for grants I had 10 guys that helped out if there was a fire. We had rubber coats that were purchased in the 50's (we didn't use them though, or any gear for that matter) and 2 trucks, a 1950 something Studebaker engine and a 1950 something military 2 1/2 ton converted. Since the grants we now have trained fireman, upgraded our bunker gear, increased in personel, obtained SCBA's, new pumps, foam, wildland tools, paging equipment, pagers, and radios. We are still working on a new truck but we have been able to talk a neighboring dept into paying it forward with a tanker that they were disposing of (they realized that we were there to help but lacked the water source), we updated our military 2 1/2 ton to a completely rebuilt one through our local forestry dept, and recently purchased a "new to us" 1993 grass rig. It is possible and with the help of the guys & gals here on the forum it is much easier.

Comment

Thanks guys, all great help. Kurt not saying it's not important, but when we have guys not in full safe gear and equipment that is 20+ years old average that is a priority. We did apply for new gear and equipment this year so that hopefully will help with that. Btw does any possibly have some black turnouot coats about 6 or 7 old ones. Trying to get our Jr. program some 90's or even 00 age gear. currently they are issued 1960's gear. Once againg thanks for everything guys. will definitly be achieving success with your help.
      So where are you in the 2010 AFG process guy? Have you heard or seen anything yet?
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Great inspiration guys. Yeah Kurt, we applied, after much debate with "the old guys" we applied for a used tender, and new equipment. Have not heard anything on either yet. When should we start to get nervous. BTW we wer able to get our guys new gear through a small equipment so we are getting better, slowely but surley.

Comment

Great inspiration guys. Yeah Kurt, we applied, after much debate with "the old guys" we applied for a used tender, and new equipment. Have not heard anything on either yet. When should we start to get nervous. BTW we wer able to get our guys new gear through a small equipment so we are getting better, slowely but surley.
          You should give me a call and have a conversation about your "priorities" and what grants are appropriate for what items and equipment. Give me a shout 863-551-9598.
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Awsome call today Kurt, really appreciate the help.

Comment

Awsome call today Kurt, really appreciate the help.
              Thanks that's what I am here for.
              Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader