Lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockers

Not really sure what category this falls under, but can anyone help me find somewhere that is getting rid of metal lockers. we currently have a hook for our gear and that's it. I would like to get our guys locker or some kind of divider for our gear. We are a small town and don't really have the funds to spend on such things. Trucks, equipment etc are always a priority. Or even if some one has had luck with acquiring wood to build we'd have no problem getting our guys to help build them. Thanks.
    BTW- Southern IL Southeast MO area

CVFD you can sometimes contact dealers or manufacters and pick up some minor scratch and dent stuff as a tax deductable donation. Several in my area have done that sort of thing

Comment

Thanks. Will try that.

Comment

Check the government surplus websites both federal and state, usually plenty of them there.

As far as donation of wood materials : try your local Lowes , Home depot or lumberyards in your area. Donation in kind is usually fairly easy task to accomplish.

Comment

We bought some of the wire metal shelving units from Lowes when they were on sale. Got 12 of them set up, enough room to hang up 24 sets of bunkers, shelfs for helmets, gloves, boots, etc. I can send you a picture of our setup if you'd like. Works well for us.
          Jack Boczek, Chief
          Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by jboczek View Post
            We bought some of the wire metal shelving units from Lowes when they were on sale. Got 12 of them set up, enough room to hang up 24 sets of bunkers, shelfs for helmets, gloves, boots, etc. I can send you a picture of our setup if you'd like. Works well for us.
            Thanks.
            Would appreciate it. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by CVFD-14 View Post
              Not really sure what category this falls under, but can anyone help me find somewhere that is getting rid of metal lockers. we currently have a hook for our gear and that's it. I would like to get our guys locker or some kind of divider for our gear. We are a small town and don't really have the funds to spend on such things. Trucks, equipment etc are always a priority. Or even if some one has had luck with acquiring wood to build we'd have no problem getting our guys to help build them. Thanks.
              BTW- Southern IL Southeast MO area
              You are aware that gear lockers are eligible on the AFG program right?
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

yes, but our needs go on that while our likes are done this way.

Comment

Originally posted by CVFD-14 View Post
                  yes, but our needs go on that while our likes are done this way.
                  What makes you think properly storing and protecting your tunout gear is a "like" and not a "need"? Apparently AFG beleive it is a need, they fund these as part of comprehenisve PPE grants routinely.
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I got lockers thru AFG grants as Kurt has mentioned. This falls under proper care and drying of turnout gear. Do a grant for turnout gear and include lockers.

Comment

Lockers

You can check with the schools and colleges in your area. They may have extra lockers that they may want to get rid of. Also, any athletic facilities in your area, especially those that are going through renovation/remodeling. If the locker room is being redone, they may be installing new lockers and the old ones may need a home.

I used to work as a janitor for a school district. They did not throw anything away, like furniture, etc., as it would look like they were wasting taxpayer funds. They would stockpile used furniture in storage. You never know what your local school and college may have for giveaway, especially to another gov't entity.

Comment

You can check with the FEPP surplus in Lebanon, or even state surplus in Jeff City. I know state surplus (http://oa.mo.gov/purch/surplus.html) gets them quite often and you can get them (and a number of other things) for a song.

Comment

Thanks guys, all great help. Kurt not saying it's not important, but when we have guys not in full safe gear and equipment that is 20+ years old average that is a priority. We did apply for new gear and equipment this year so that hopefully will help with that. Btw does any possibly have some black turnouot coats about 6 or 7 old ones. Trying to get our Jr. program some 90's or even 00 age gear. currently they are issued 1960's gear. Once againg thanks for everything guys. will definitly be achieving success with your help.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify. I have been a part of our dept now for about 4 yrs. I come from a traditional career, my dad not me, dept family. The dept I am on has been neglected due to the "well that's the way we've always done it" mentality. Fortunately we now are a different make-up of guys. So we are starting from the 1980's and trying to play catch-up. I appreciate all insights you guys have given, just wanted to clarify and make sure no one thought I was discounting their input.

Comment

CVFD: not to worry, you will find that many of us have been in the same place and through the sharing of knowledge here many of us are now better equipped and doing our jobs in a safer way.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X