• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mtolan32
    Forum Member

• mtolan32
    replied
    Anyone who can help with a narrative for Turn out Gear and SCBA, would be greatly appreciated from a small dept operating budget 10 K, 90% of are gear is 15 years old, my email address is [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    MembersZone Subscriber

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by neiowa View Post
    We got a gear grant in 2005 and bought new for 100%. The old stuff was stuffed in boxes in the attic. have had a few guys come/go since and gave the the closest to what would fit them. $ for puchase not there on $15k/year budget. So have about 4 FF that have gear that's close in size but not what should be.

So now have 5 new guys joining this Jan. A GREAT problem to have but no gear without digging in the attic. Where most is so oldI don't think have NFPA label and a few sets that around 10-15yr old. NFPA 1851 (2008) now "says" destroy at 10yr. Obviously not going to turn these new guys away and will bring the average age down by about 10years.

We took the 2005 grant to equip 100%. We have no ability to buy 9 new sets of TO gear. So logically/properly we can ask for grant $ for 9 sets next round? Given reality that AFG awards 2012 round is going to be tiny/low probability success. So after 2012 grant app is submitted we find somewhere some $ grant/fundraising (or borrow) can we order a couple sets without impacting the Fire Grant (emergency need that could with approval could reimburse ourselves)? Of that not fit the program logic?
    That would appear to fall under a "pre-award expenditure" which if done under exigent circumstances can be considered on a case by case basis for reimbursment. No guarantee of approval though.

Leave a comment:

• neiowa
    MembersZone Subscriber

• neiowa
    replied
    We got a gear grant in 2005 and bought new for 100%. The old stuff was stuffed in boxes in the attic. have had a few guys come/go since and gave the the closest to what would fit them. $ for puchase not there on $15k/year budget. So have about 4 FF that have gear that's close in size but not what should be.

So now have 5 new guys joining this Jan. A GREAT problem to have but no gear without digging in the attic. Where most is so oldI don't think have NFPA label and a few sets that around 10-15yr old. NFPA 1851 (2008) now "says" destroy at 10yr. Obviously not going to turn these new guys away and will bring the average age down by about 10years.

We took the 2005 grant to equip 100%. We have no ability to buy 9 new sets of TO gear. So logically/properly we can ask for grant $ for 9 sets next round? Given reality that AFG awards 2012 round is going to be tiny/low probability success. So after 2012 grant app is submitted we find somewhere some $ grant/fundraising (or borrow) can we order a couple sets without impacting the Fire Grant (emergency need that could with approval could reimburse ourselves)? Of that not fit the program logic?

Leave a comment:

• silverad0
    Forum Member

• silverad0
    replied
    I would be appreciative as well for copies of successful narratives for Turnout Gear apps. I tried for it in 2011 and have yet to hear anything as of yet. We are a rural volunteer fire dept that has seen a recent spike in membership and along with gear being over the 1o year limit drastically needs to get new gear. So I am going to start working on 2012 grants now. I am also looking for successful narratives for an engine / pumper. Any assistance that anyone could offer would again be greatly appreciated!!!

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    Forum Member

• islandfire03
    replied
    sell it as the new members do not have appropriate ppg for them and because of gaining additional new members you want them ALL to be safe

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    Forum Member

• BC79er
    replied
    Kind of but not really. The DRD isn't an issue on why you need new gear, the issue is that X amount of sets don't fit the people properly. That's how injuries happen. Just have to lay out how many people have turned over that the gear was ordered for, and how many are left that are in pieced together gear that doesn't fit properly. May not get everyone a new set but as long as it is sized correctly and it's under 10 years then it's usable. Unless it's damaged beyond safety testing, in which case it gets thrown out and that person has no gear. Damaged gear happens no matter whose money buys it, they don't hold that against anyone.

Leave a comment:

• 41lsvfc49
    Forum Member

• 41lsvfc49
    replied
    I would be eternally greatful for a copy as well. We are an extremely rural department that has been lucky enough to see a recent spike in membership, especially among the younger generation that have recently/or are in the process of completing FF1 & FF2. The problem is that there was a grant that was written and awarded in 05 for PPE for 20 sets of gear and 4 sets of scba and most of the ppe is either odd sizes or has been damaged. Unfortunately, the prior management of our volunteer company did not anticipate the future and this has left us scrambling for innovation. At the rate that our membership is growing, we dont have enough ppe for these members. Also, the gear that was awarded in 05 does not have the drag strap. Is this another selling point, or are we at a loss until the 10 years is up in 2015? My email is [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• WheelmanEngCo11
    Forum Member

• WheelmanEngCo11
    replied
    Gear Grant

Can anyone help me out with a copy of their Turnout gear narrative? It would be appreciated.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Clutchcargo1
    Forum Member

• Clutchcargo1
    replied
    Originally posted by lemontfire1 View Post
    We will be requesting help for turnout gear this year as well. If anyone would be kind enough to share a successful narrative for it I have our successful narratives for SCBA, Breathing Air Compressor, Engine Refurb, communications, and SAFER to send back. Our department is a four station career 3,500 call a year urban department.

My work email is [email protected]

My thanks as always to Brian and Kurt and all the other folks out there helping us! Bring on the snow.
    Turn-out narrative sent (awarded 4th round in December 2010). I need winning narratives for SCBA and a Thermal imaging Camera.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Clutchcargo1
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Clutchcargo1; 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• admpaul
    MembersZone Subscriber

• admpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by BP305 View Post
    Hello

Our department is a volunteer department in a remote area. We will be applying for a grant for turnouts this year and would like to put in for a grant for new high pressure air packs next year. I see some of you have had success in applying for these grants. If you would share your applications it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to:

[email protected]

Thanks
    Sent you 3 of them tonight. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• BP302
    MembersZone Subscriber

• BP305
    replied
    turnout grant

Originally posted by admpaul View Post
    Midwestchief, i sent you one check your e mail.
    Good luck
    Hello

Our department is a volunteer department in a remote area. We will be applying for a grant for turnouts this year and would like to put in for a grant for new high pressure air packs next year. I see some of you have had success in applying for these grants. If you would share your applications it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to:

[email protected]

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• EMS142
    Forum Member

• EMS142
    replied
    I did get your email thank you!

Leave a comment:

• MIDWESTCHIEF
    Forum Member

• MIDWESTCHIEF
    replied
    Originally posted by admpaul View Post
    EMS142 did you get the one I think I sent to you or did I send it to midwestchief. Please let me know who got it. I emptied out my sent box so I don't remember where it went.
    Must have sent it to EMS, I didn't get it. Figured it was just a typo earlier.
    Midwestchief

Leave a comment:

• admpaul
    MembersZone Subscriber

• admpaul
    replied
    Jacket 900, pants 800, helments 200, boots 300, hood 25?, gloves?

Leave a comment:

• lemontfire1
    Forum Member

• lemontfire1
    replied
    T/O Gear narrative?

We will be requesting help for turnout gear this year as well. If anyone would be kind enough to share a successful narrative for it I have our successful narratives for SCBA, Breathing Air Compressor, Engine Refurb, communications, and SAFER to send back. Our department is a four station career 3,500 call a year urban department.

My work email is [email protected]

My thanks as always to Brian and Kurt and all the other folks out there helping us! Bring on the snow.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X