Rural AED Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rural AED Grant

I just got an email in regards to this one....

The purpose of the Rural Access to Emergency Devices (RAED) Grant Program is to provide funding to rural community partnerships to purchase automated external defibrillators (AEDs) that have been approved, or cleared for marketing by the Food and Drug Administration; and provide defibrillator and basic life support training in AED usage through the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or other nationally-recognized training courses.

A community partnership is composed of local emergency response entities such as community training facilities, local emergency responders, fire and rescue departments, police, community hospitals, and local non-profit entities and for-profit entities.

Due Date: Feb 28, 2011

More information can be found by visiting https://grants.hrsa.gov/webExternal/...3-9214140A1420

Questions should be directed to
    Eileen Holloran, [email protected] or (301) 443-7529.

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    I just got an email in regards to this one....
    100k to grant per award, 1.1 million available, 10 expected awards. And the notice has at the top

"This is modification 4 of the original announcement posted on Dec 04, 2011"

How can they post modifications before the original.

Looks like a tough one, but certainly worth putting in for, Thanks Catch!
    Last edited by LVFD301; 01-25-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Very small pot of money here. With a projected 10 awards that is going to take a heck of an application to win one of these.

Comment

At $100k each looks like they're aiming more for a regional entity to apply to distribute them, especially since that's around 25-30 AEDS per award.
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Right on BC79er

I have received info from the program admin that thats exactly the target of this grant. A regional approach to placing a number of AED's in a geographic area and training folks on their use.

"The RAED grant program is for regional access to AEDs not just for one or two units. We are hoping that a rural area will collaborate with all the adjoining rural areas to purchase, train the public and EMS providers and place AEDs in all places where the public gather such as schools, parks, large stores, churches, courthouses, jails etc."

Comment

Exactly the quote I recieved also!

Comment

What can I say, the analysis skills are still sharp. Just like I teach, have to read the words AND the intent of RFPs. Deeper meaning always there is, young jedi.
              Brian P. Vickers
              CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
              FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
              www.helpmewithgrants.com
              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

A similar program came out a few years back for EMS systems. The state agencies could apply for funding to dole out to licensed EMS services. Our state got funded under this program. The problem with the way they did it was how they applied the designation or 'RURAL" to figure who qualified to apply for receiving AED's.

Comment

This may have been the program (or one similar to it) where we got an AED several years ago. I can't remember the group that sponsored it, but I may have that info tucked away somewhere. I'll do some looking and post it if I can find out.

Comment

Island TN participated in that program and aed's were passed out to a bunch of fire depts. Turns out the aeds were faulty and the company went bellyup befere they could be replaced or fixed. We have a lot of door stops in storage because we had to pick them up for our county.

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
                      Island TN participated in that program and aed's were passed out to a bunch of fire depts. Turns out the aeds were faulty and the company went bellyup befere they could be replaced or fixed. We have a lot of door stops in storage because we had to pick them up for our county.
                      That blows! The one we got was one of the major brands that we've never had a problem with. I guess we got lucky compared to some.

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
                        There were many of those same units distributed here and they ended up in the scrap heap.

When I developed our AED program I looked at all the units on the market and bought the Zoll AED plus . They are from a well established company thats stable and I figure they will be around for years. Plus they use a consumer battery that can be bought anywhere, versus all the rest that use a proprietary battery pack{$$$$} you can only buy from the manufacturer.
                        We now have 8 AED's in our department assigned to our EMT's and 2 on engines.

Price for the Zoll units is not much more than the cheapies the state program bought.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X