No announcement yet.

Walmart Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowe's, Home Depot and others tend to include materials when it's an outing that the employees help out at. Like clean/fix up the station day or something like that. Even at cost it's a help.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Folks,
      Please keep these "Non Traditional" funding / donation ideas coming.

Comment

Not the store, just the new manager. The old manager would give us wood thatw as damaged or that would have to be discounted to be sold, even some tools and stuff along those lines, new manager says she does not have any funding for grants and cannot give away any of those materials and throws them into the dumpster. My Lowe's stock has been performing pretty good, so I may need to speak to the district manager and see what he says.

Comment

Sounds like someone just got promoted and isn't remembering some basic management skills. Like marketing the help given to the FD instead of throwing it out. Things that draw in customers and whatnot...
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

I worked LP for Lowe's, and saw what was destroyed that could have been donated, and saw what the previous manager was able to pass on to not just the fire dept. but also the local housing alliance, and Hab. for humanity and several other organizations. Several big chain stores have made great strides in their community relations departments, but many have sure missed the wagon when many opportunities have presented themselves.

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with the local Walmart here. I only ask about once every 2 years but have yet to be turned donw the $1,000 Dollars.

Our local Walmart does not donate items but the good neighbors grant is really strong

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X