Walmart Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Grants

Looks like Walmart is changing the way their Community Giving Grants are to be submitted and reviewed.
    http://walmartstores.com/CommunityGiving/238.aspx

Word is the paperwork method through the stores caused some to get lost or never pushed up the food chain. The in-store giving is still there as far as I can get out of anyone so the $1000/month thing is still alive and well. This is just an admin change on their applications.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
      Word is the paperwork method through the stores caused some to get lost or never pushed up the food chain. The in-store giving is still there as far as I can get out of anyone so the $1000/month thing is still alive and well. This is just an admin change on their applications.
      How successful have departments been in getting some money from Walmart? Can you really get up to $1000 a month?

Comment

They give that much out per store every month, all to different organizations throughout the year so it's not like someone is continually getting $1000/month from them.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

One of the neighboring FDs went to the store, talked to the store manager: he said talk to corporate. Corporate told him (in an email) to talk to the store (he told them how he was told to call them - nope, talk to the store) He went back to the store, talked to the same manager, showed him the email from corporate, and the manager told him that the FD needed to talk with Corporate, the store wasn't authorized to do anything - the process recently changed...

Moral of the story is they got the run around and gave up...

I was hoping for a good resolution because we were going to try for some items ourselves... Guess not...

Comment

Sounds like a clueless manager to me. All the ones in our area and most folks I talked to about this program haven't had any issues with the store managers.

Also if you befriend employees that can help with other fundraisers and stuff too.
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Grant Money

We have not had any problems with the Walmart in our area. They are very courteous have always been very generous.
              Respectfully,
              Jay Dudley
              Retired Fire
              Background Investigator
              IACOJ-Member
              Lifetime Member CSFA
              IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Just got $500, took me a year of calling but finally got it. The person I dealt with at the store was great, but the check came from corporate. they got the check in October and I finally got it last week. Time to try again!

Comment

Don't forget the clearance stuff, if they have new models coming in they have to make the other stuff go away. Department in KS came to one of my workshops where I mentioned that, went home, and a couple months later got a real nice 50in flat panel they had no box, remote, or directions for.

Not saying you're going to get this or anything out of any store, but it's worth going down in uniform to the various retailers in your area and make some nice requests for the damaged box, clearance, etc, type stuff. All still works and if it's free why not.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

We got 3500 from Walmart last year for our web based response system, I am responding, That paid for three years of service plus we bought a 42" flat screen TV and mount, from them. So they gave us a grant and a portion went right back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB35 View Post
                      We got 3500 from Walmart last year for our web based response system, I am responding, That paid for three years of service plus we bought a 42" flat screen TV and mount, from them. So they gave us a grant and a portion went right back to them.

Was this through an individual store with the community giving grant or was it a larger corporate grant?

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                        Don't forget the clearance stuff, if they have new models coming in they have to make the other stuff go away. Department in KS came to one of my workshops where I mentioned that, went home, and a couple months later got a real nice 50in flat panel they had no box, remote, or directions for.

Not saying you're going to get this or anything out of any store, but it's worth going down in uniform to the various retailers in your area and make some nice requests for the damaged box, clearance, etc, type stuff. All still works and if it's free why not.
                        Can you give me a better idea of how you go about requesting these types of items? What do you do if offered something that you don't need?

Comment

Go down in uniform with letter in hand detailing some needs, reasons for the needs, reasons for the financial need, and just leave it with a "whatever you can do whenever you can do it" sentiment. Letter allows them to keep it on file or a bulletin board as things come up. That way it probably won't result in being asked about something you don't need, but there isn't much in there that a department couldn't need. They're not going to offer clothes or stuff like that, but I hear of some being offered cases of paper, ink cartridges, file cabinets, etc. And if for some reason there is something offered you don't need just politely say we appreciate the offer but we can't put it to use, maybe the pet shelter or another non-profit in the area could use it. Offer to help find someone that could use it. They'll appreciate the honesty and the help.
                          Brian P. Vickers
                          www.helpmewithgrants.com
                          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Wal Mart has been a very good neighbor to our departments. We usually get a couple thousand a year from them as well as having picked up several items from them that had been display items. Just have to build a good relationship with them. We do our shop with a Firefighter there, and they usually give us 1K just for that as well, since they are getting the money right back. Build the relationship, I know they must gets hundreds of request each quarter. Now if I could just crack this new manager at Lowe's and get some goodies from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Limeforever View Post
                              Now if I could just crack this new manager at Lowe's and get some goodies from them.
                              We haven't received any cash or free stuff from the Lowe's in our area. However, they sell us stuff at cost. This has saved us several hundreds of dollars the last couple of years. I'm sure other retailers would be willing to do the same.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X