Pumper / Tanker Narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumper / Tanker Narrative

Looking for a narrative that someone would be willing to share for a Pumper / Tanker. I have been trying to replace our '78 tanker for 3 years with a tanker with no luck. Even gave up last year on a tanker and tried for a brush truck, even worse luck because we didn't have one to replace (or so the letter said ), along with the other problems a small rural dept has in trying to get one. We need a truck that can pump and carry the H2O, we have no pumper either; never had one so we don't really know what we are missing. Biggest pump we had was a 500gpm on the tanker before it gave up.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
    Midwestchief

I don't have one to share, but I would if I did... we're looking to do something similar to replace a '82 Tanker. When it starts, it blows so much smoke that the guys have to step out the back door of the station and get dressed. A couple of opportunities here... one for exhaust removal and one for the truck.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could anyone has a narrative that could help get us on the right track. [email protected]

Thanks folks, you guys rock. We actually might get our turnout gear grant this year because of your help.

Comment

I'll try to remember to send you ours when I get home tonight. Well, if I get home, I think Kurt flew over SW Missouri.

Comment

I have a successful tanker award for 2009 at $182,400. In fact it is here and being serviced and fitted with gear. Trying to place in service by next week...
        Email me at [email protected]
        Good luck!

Comment

Pictures! Details! Where did you get it from?

Comment

Troyboy, email sent.
            Thanks
            Mike

Comment

I've got one from a couple of years back -- PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Comment

Mike,
                Check your email. I sent one too.
                Brian

Comment

I realized as I was sending mine to a couple of guys that requested it, mine is a grant from when you could still get a tanker with a pump greater than 750 gpm. So, if you want it, you're welcome to it, just keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                    Pictures! Details! Where did you get it from?
                    Are you still trying to figure out who you're going to buy yours from?

Comment

Sure am. This has turned into one of the larger headaches I have gone through. I think it would have worked much better if the award totals were not published.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutchcargo1 View Post
                        Mike,
                        Check your email. I sent one too.
                        Brian
                        Got it, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                          I realized as I was sending mine to a couple of guys that requested it, mine is a grant from when you could still get a tanker with a pump greater than 750 gpm. So, if you want it, you're welcome to it, just keep that in mind.
                          Catch,
                          I you would want to send it, that would work for me. I'm sure it has something in it that mine never had.
                          THanks,

Comment

Originally posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
                            Catch,
                            I you would want to send it, that would work for me. I'm sure it has something in it that mine never had.
                            THanks,
                            I dropped you an email trying to get your email address. That's all I need to send it since I can't attach to an email through here.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                              I dropped you an email trying to get your email address. That's all I need to send it since I can't attach to an email through here.
                              Catch
                              Email is [email protected]
                              Thanks

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse