X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
    Ok so in 2009 I got awarded turn out gear. I just sent back my 10qs for my 2010 thermal imaging camera (let's just assume I'll get it). What would you all consider to be a "safe" item to right for this year. Our scba are in good shape. We just got a 25 year old compressor (which we can't keep running) and do not have a fill station. So I'm thinking about going that route but I wanna write it for the highest priority for a rural department that runs 100 calls per year. I don't wanna "waste" a grant if something scores higher that we may need as bad as the compressor/fill station.
    A lot will depend on what your greatest need is to provide more safety to your firefighters.
    Have you done a needs assessment?

A compressor / fill station can be done if you can justify the need for it.

How far is the nearest one for you to travel to get them filled?

Does the lack of a fill stn keep your guys from training on air?

Do you have sufficient air bottle reserves to allow you to fight a structure fire without running out of full bottles?

Do you have a RIT pack and equipment?

Just a few ideas to think about

Leave a comment:

• Leedsfighting17
    replied
    2011 ops request

Ok so in 2009 I got awarded turn out gear. I just sent back my 10qs for my 2010 thermal imaging camera (let's just assume I'll get it). What would you all consider to be a "safe" item to right for this year. Our scba are in good shape. We just got a 25 year old compressor (which we can't keep running) and do not have a fill station. So I'm thinking about going that route but I wanna write it for the highest priority for a rural department that runs 100 calls per year. I don't wanna "waste" a grant if something scores higher that we may need as bad as the compressor/fill station.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Round 6 Posted

Round 6 is posted. Congrats to all winners today.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    2nd week in April.

Source: A guy at DHS that has some credentials...but does not have authorization to speak with any authority on the matter.

But first of course, Congress must visit a proctologist to locate their heads.

I'm betting on the doctor.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Blueberry season has come + gone unless you want frozen.
    It's now shrimp & scallop season !

Is your son still down under enjoying the summer season?
    Ed

He got back, moved to Katy TX, and now is in Virginia, St Stephens Church VA or some such for another week or so.

He is loving it!

Got a phone call from my brother, It is time to get up there pretty soon to see him, so I am working out something soon.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    I'll be in Boston Metro next month Ed, save some of that for me I'll be right up. Got the weekend to play unless we book another workshop in the area.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I got some rope for him, he is going to get me some Maine Blueberries. Just waiting for a trip up there. (Which may be real soon)
    Blueberry season has come + gone unless you want frozen.
    It's now shrimp & scallop season !

Is your son still down under enjoying the summer season?
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by jam24u View Post
    Hey!, Your gonna have to explain that for me. I sent the money, I mean card to the winner in December 2009 for the prediction of the first 1199.

This will be interesting Ed.

I got some rope for him, he is going to get me some Maine Blueberries. Just waiting for a trip up there. (Which may be real soon)

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    I'm still waiting for my prize from winning last years poll.

april 15th
    That transportation deal sucked! I think he is waiting on blueberries.

Leave a comment:

• jam24u
    replied
    I'm still waiting for my prize from winning last years poll.

april 15th
    Hey!, Your gonna have to explain that for me. I sent the money, I mean card to the winner in December 2009 for the prediction of the first 1199.

This will be interesting Ed.

Leave a comment:

• FireRescue57
    replied
    I'm thinking may late June or early July....

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Blasphemy! How dare one speaketh against the mighty King of Tools! Seize him!

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    I have a level app on my phone--as soon as i find a hammer, saw and screwdriver i'm selling all of my Cra***man tools!!

earl

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Isn't there an app for that Earl? Used to have the mouse gun program way back when to shoot holes in your screen with different weapons, guess we need to bring that back...

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by k3twpfire View Post
    If past history is a guide, the preliminary date from DHS has as much value as a guess in this forum.
    I was thinking i might be closer by throwing a dart at my calendar, then i realized my calendar is in Outlook now. On my office computer. Need my day job too much to put holes in my monitor....

earl

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X