2011 afg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Blueberry season has come + gone unless you want frozen.
    It's now shrimp & scallop season !

Is your son still down under enjoying the summer season?
    Ed

He got back, moved to Katy TX, and now is in Virginia, St Stephens Church VA or some such for another week or so.

He is loving it!

Got a phone call from my brother, It is time to get up there pretty soon to see him, so I am working out something soon.

Comment

2nd week in April.

Source: A guy at DHS that has some credentials...but does not have authorization to speak with any authority on the matter.

But first of course, Congress must visit a proctologist to locate their heads.

I'm betting on the doctor.
      HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Round 6 Posted

Round 6 is posted. Congrats to all winners today.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

2011 ops request

Ok so in 2009 I got awarded turn out gear. I just sent back my 10qs for my 2010 thermal imaging camera (let's just assume I'll get it). What would you all consider to be a "safe" item to right for this year. Our scba are in good shape. We just got a 25 year old compressor (which we can't keep running) and do not have a fill station. So I'm thinking about going that route but I wanna write it for the highest priority for a rural department that runs 100 calls per year. I don't wanna "waste" a grant if something scores higher that we may need as bad as the compressor/fill station.

Comment

Originally posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
            Ok so in 2009 I got awarded turn out gear. I just sent back my 10qs for my 2010 thermal imaging camera (let's just assume I'll get it). What would you all consider to be a "safe" item to right for this year. Our scba are in good shape. We just got a 25 year old compressor (which we can't keep running) and do not have a fill station. So I'm thinking about going that route but I wanna write it for the highest priority for a rural department that runs 100 calls per year. I don't wanna "waste" a grant if something scores higher that we may need as bad as the compressor/fill station.
            A lot will depend on what your greatest need is to provide more safety to your firefighters.
            Have you done a needs assessment?

A compressor / fill station can be done if you can justify the need for it.

How far is the nearest one for you to travel to get them filled?

Does the lack of a fill stn keep your guys from training on air?

Do you have sufficient air bottle reserves to allow you to fight a structure fire without running out of full bottles?

Do you have a RIT pack and equipment?

Just a few ideas to think about

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...