Nashville Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funding

I swear I am gonna begin using excess funds for my grant training.

whoops! will they look crossly at that?

I mean its a way?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post

Would you like those bracelets in silver or silver?

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post

Jim was getting conference packets, paperwork and name badges typed up today and really missed typing your name there. Gonna miss ya this year! Maybe next! There is currently discussion about taking 2012 AFG SS onto a cruise next year so, Longtime-no-Sea better get cracking now.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

FYI when we tried that a couple years ago the feedback was that tax dollars couldn't be spent on it since it's a vacation method. The perception wouldn't go over right with the taxpayers.

But there was no issues with it being in a tropical location resort because that's just a hotel and conference, no different than having it in the continental states...
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Just list the class location as whatever port city being used... (Gavelston TX, Miami FL, New Orleans LA, Mobile AL etc etc...

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
              FYI when we tried that a couple years ago the feedback was that tax dollars couldn't be spent on it since it's a vacation method. The perception wouldn't go over right with the taxpayers.

But there was no issues with it being in a tropical location resort because that's just a hotel and conference, no different than having it in the continental states...
              Yea, I have seen that too and its a matter of "perception". In reality, with the deals they are offering now-a-days, I can get rates cheaper than it is to hold the thing in a hotel in downtown Houston by the time you count ground transportation costs and meals.
              Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                Yea, I have seen that too and its a matter of "perception". In reality, with the deals they are offering now-a-days, I can get rates cheaper than it is to hold the thing in a hotel in downtown Houston by the time you count ground transportation costs and meals.
                If snow shows up for that then Kurt you truly are a weather curse!

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                  Cost wasn't the issue, like I mentioned the perception was. Cruises are vacations, locations are not. Heard from over 200 municipal folks on the one we had set up which was same thing, hundreds cheaper per person than a 2 day hotel conference, but it was a vacation not a conference if it was on a cruise ship and the taxpayers wouldn't go for it. If we just picked a hotel in Cancun for 4 days would have been fine. Considering the non-refundable deposit they want on the ship just figured I'd mention the experience we had.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                    Cost wasn't the issue, like I mentioned the perception was. Cruises are vacations, locations are not. Heard from over 200 municipal folks on the one we had set up which was same thing, hundreds cheaper per person than a 2 day hotel conference, but it was a vacation not a conference if it was on a cruise ship and the taxpayers wouldn't go for it. If we just picked a hotel in Cancun for 4 days would have been fine. Considering the non-refundable deposit they want on the ship just figured I'd mention the experience we had.
                    Oh I was agreeing with you Brian, that's why I said it was a matter of "perception". The new passport requirements would muck up the works too.Funny they don't think twice about a County Commission Board taking a 5 day retreat to a Disney property or out at Sawgrass Golf Resort in Jacksonville when the "hotel package price" includes Disney Park Hopper passes for their family or 36 holes on the golf course.Of course that kind of "perks" information never makes it into the public record when they are approving the retreat for themselves.
                    Kurt Bradley

Comment

Yes but those are "team-building exercises" and "mental health retreats", so of course there's nothing wrong with those.... I just wish I could get someone to send me on one... And something tells me no one ever finds out what the actual location of the retreat is unless the local news hound gets involved.
                      Brian P. Vickers
                      www.helpmewithgrants.com
                      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Couldn't get the ptb to fund the nashville class. But I am close enough that if you are going out as a gang one night I could probably meet up with you.

Comment

Well looks like I am going to be there. Working on booking a hotel now!

Comment

Originally posted by RES81CUE View Post
                            Just list the class location as whatever port city being used... (Gavelston TX, Miami FL, New Orleans LA, Mobile AL etc etc...

Marc
                            Did you ever figure out where you're staying? I'm in the same boat as you, looking for an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                              Did you ever figure out where you're staying? I'm in the same boat as you, looking for an alternative.
                              I am staying at Wingate Suites 615-884-9777 $89 a night... Looks like its about a mile from the embassy suites....

Comment

I booked at the Wyngate today for $69 a night. :-)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X